By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should rules number one, and number two apply to the Vita?

Would it be truly unthinkable to remove the Vita from our day to day discussions. From the liturgy of attack lines to the litany of excuses. Nothing is fundamentally changing about the portables current disposition, and until something actually changes. We have nothing to really discuss. Until the product dies off, or Sony does something to actually generate sales in a measurable way. Everyone knows that the portable is doing badly in the sales department, and we have heard the same tired excuses a thousand times. I am sorry theories about price cuts aren't a reality until they happen, and claiming that certain games will exist without proof doesn't make them a reality either.

There is a time for entertaining conjectures, but there is also a time when flights of fancy have to give way to dispassionate assessments. We have now reached that point. There is absolutely no point in trying to hype this product on these forums, or for even trying to build up a little hope. A few supporters show up just to suffer yet another solid drubbing. Worse yet those doing the drubbing don't even feel compelled to make a case. They have as much regard for the poster as they would any street corner lunatic. I freely admit I am having a hard time keeping a straight face, and keeping myself from saying something disparaging about the posters who are trying to elevate the platform. That is saying something, because I really try to take people seriously. 

It really says something when the top defense of the platform is to concede that it is shitty, and that the other guy is a ass for harping on that. Where do you go from there. What is the next defense after that exactly. Openly saying that you think Sony should kill it, and put it out of its misery. Yeah it is kind of getting that bad. It isn't so much that everything has been said. It is more along the lines of there isn't anything positive to say. It is like ninety percent negativity, and half of that seems to be coming out of Sony supporters.

My point is that putting this topic on ice for a couple months would probably do us all a world of good. I am not talking about something carved in stone, but a little gentlemens agreement. Along the lines of you don't hype it, and I wont bash it. I mean you can argue that people don't have to chime in on the subject, but come on it is damn near trolling at this point. It is like tossing a wounded bleeding animal into a pool of sharks. It is supposed to be the season of peace. A couple months of peace on this couldn't hurt anybody too terribly much.

Around the Network

Le sigh.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Dodece said:

Would it be truly unthinkable to remove the Vita from our day to day discussions. From the liturgy of attack lines to the litany of excuses. Nothing is fundamentally changing about the portables current disposition, and until something actually changes. We have nothing to really discuss. Until the product dies off, or Sony does something to actually generate sales in a measurable way. Everyone knows that the portable is doing badly in the sales department, and we have heard the same tired excuses a thousand times. I am sorry theories about price cuts aren't a reality until they happen, and claiming that certain games will exist without proof doesn't make them a reality either.

There is a time for entertaining conjectures, but there is also a time when flights of fancy have to give way to dispassionate assessments. We have now reached that point. There is absolutely no point in trying to hype this product on these forums, or for even trying to build up a little hope. A few supporters show up just to suffer yet another solid drubbing. Worse yet those doing the drubbing don't even feel compelled to make a case. They have as much regard for the poster as they would any street corner lunatic. I freely admit I am having a hard time keeping a straight face, and keeping myself from saying something disparaging about the posters who are trying to elevate the platform. That is saying something, because I really try to take people seriously. 

It really says something when the top defense of the platform is to concede that it is shitty, and that the other guy is a ass for harping on that. Where do you go from there. What is the next defense after that exactly. Openly saying that you think Sony should kill it, and put it out of its misery. Yeah it is kind of getting that bad. It isn't so much that everything has been said. It is more along the lines of there isn't anything positive to say. It is like ninety percent negativity, and half of that seems to be coming out of Sony supporters.

My point is that putting this topic on ice for a couple months would probably do us all a world of good. I am not talking about something carved in stone, but a little gentlemens agreement. Along the lines of you don't hype it, and I wont bash it. I mean you can argue that people don't have to chime in on the subject, but come on it is damn near trolling at this point. It is like tossing a wounded bleeding animal into a pool of sharks. It is supposed to be the season of peace. A couple months of peace on this couldn't hurt anybody too terribly much.

This is a complete fabrication that belies your attempt at brokering debate peacefully.

wow....you'd really have to try hard to make that point something that isn't totally pointless and offensive......I'mma lock it!