By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I need to create a fake online bank account...

You contact that person anonymously then tell her to me you at a given location. Then meet her in a disguise, make sure that she dosen't recognize you.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Wouldn't paypal tell them your name? Or can you send it anonymously from there?

as for them asking to see your bank account transactions thats completely innappropriate. Even a couple who I've known for 10 years would never do that. And I would never do that to them.

Do you get direct deposit?

Navane said:
Would it be possible to explain to us why you can't let them know it's you giving them money, or is that too long of a story to tell?

There is actually a fairly quick explanation: We are all college students, and my financial state is pretty much the same as theirs, so they would be quite compelled to try and reject my gifts for my own financial sake.  Furthermore, I don't want to obligate them into gratitude in our relationship.  Now, my motive for giving them money in the first place.  Yes, that is a freaking long story.  Maybe I'll tell it one day.

@Notstan, thranx, & kitler: Granted, granted, this whole problem would fit an illegal activity much better than what I'm claiming.  And you're right, it would be incredibly outlandish for them to ask to see my account.  But, I do believe, for  a number of reasons, there is asmallest of chances. And this endeavour has become a life-goal for me, so I must hunt down all threats and obliterate them.  So, thank you for indulging me.

@cobretti, sensebringer, Snakedrake, Max King of the Wild:  Those would all work pretty good actually.  In fact I am already doing that: I use a disguised Paypal account to give them the money, which contains only pseudonyms.  So I'm trying to cover up my real account should they suspect me behind the pseudonyms.

@Kasz and Farsala:  True, true, I could play up on that a bit and justify and bank switch.  That is a pretty strong suggestion.  While that might look suspicious nonetheless, they won't be able to prove it's me, and, thus, can't refuse my money, which is the whole point of this.

@wfz: I will definitely let you guys know how this turns out :p

Thank you all for your suggestions.  They will help me keep this little charade hidden, one I must do because I love them dearly.

I have also considered, by the way, the possibilty of showing them my best friend's bank account (he would let me use it, after a bit of convincing), because he works at the same place I do. 

Furthermore, perhaps i could find someone to jsut straight up code me a fake online bank account, complete with a banky-sounding URL, interactive only enough to show time periods of transaction.  But that would be an awful lot of work, wouldn't it?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Could a religious affiliation deliver the donation from now on? Like ask a pastor or priest if they are members of a church. That why it would look like the church community hearing of the difficulty of one of their members all pitching in to help out.

Max King of the Wild said:
Could a religious affiliation deliver the donation from now on? Like ask a pastor or priest if they are members of a church. That why it would look like the church community hearing of the difficulty of one of their members all pitching in to help out.

That could possibly work: they are members of a church.  I would be hard pressed, however to make the church take the credit for the last six months I've been doing this.  Nevertheless, it could at  least buy me some time.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
Around the Network

Is the forum of a video game website really the place to be asking this question?

appolose said:
Max King of the Wild said:

That could possibly work: they are members of a church.  I would be hard pressed, however to make the church take the credit for the last six months I've been doing this.  Nevertheless, it could at  least buy me some time.

Just tell the pastor that you wish to remain anonymous and if they ask him about the paypal transactions then have him say something all preachy and mysterious (lol). No, he could say something like "it's been brought to the churches attention recently and probablly is the same person behind both deeds." This would make it seem like a member of the church involved and would shift suspicion off of you

gergroy said:
Is the forum of a video game website really the place to be asking this question?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150754&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150498&page=1#

gergroy said:

You guys are doing much better than Yahoo Answers did.

@Max: True, anything to make less suspicious is a plus.

Okami

I still think you are trying to over complicate it all.