By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I need to create a fake online bank account...

I mean, an account with a fake online bank.  Or something akin to that.

Some context:

I have been giving money anonymously, you see, to some very dear friends of mine.  Recently, I made a much larger-than-usual gift through Paypal.

I visit them often, and the subject of this anonymous donor is sure to come up.  Problem is, they might suspect me.  I've given to them gifts in person before, and some other behaviors may resemble those involved in the anonymous gifts.  While I can deny things rather convincingly, they may just press me to show them my bank account.  While this is unlikely, I do not think it impossible: it wouldn't be too socially unapproachable, given our relationship.  And should I just flatly refuse to show them... well, what would that tell you?

I CANNOT be found out.  If they discover me, they will certainly refuse my money, and there are few things more I'd like to do in my life than help them out in this way.  As such, I am trying to think of ANY possible cover for the above scenario, should it arise, and I ask my fellow VGCharterz for a bit of brainstorming on some way to dodge this.

So... some kind of fake online bank?  Anyone know how I could do that?  Other ideas?

Immeasurably appreciated!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

UM. if you were 18 I would understand your dilemma,

However, have you ever herd of walking into an actual BANK (they do exist) and doing a money deposit directly to that account using the BSB and AC number.

I doubt that is the real reason why you want an anonymous bank account. If you have money coming in and you don't want your government/officials to find out about it, you should not have made this thread. :D

Can't you just download your bank or credit card account info digitally into a pdf and then photoshop it.. or scan the pages and photoshop it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Just open up another bank account at a different bank and put money in there.

Around the Network

@Cobretti: I might be able to do that, but that would not cover up my OWN bank account (if I understood your suggestion correctly)

@runqvist: Yes, it does sound as fishy as frick, doesn't it? :P But this is my real reason for this, and I have a three-year long story behind the relationship that would justify such an action

@NiKKom: that is actually one of my contingency plans: If they ask me, I'll say I can't access my info online (one way or another) claim I can only print it out or email it to them, and then do what you suggested. However, I would love to have more possible solutions, perhaps stronger than a rather suspicious inability to access online accounts.

@Kasz: I considered that, but if I were to show them THAT account, it would look incredibly odd if the only activity in the account began the very month they ask to see it. And they know I've been working for years.

But please, any more ideas would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195

I find it difficult to relate, because I can't imagine many relationships I have where it would be socially acceptable to ask to see another's bank account info. Without a doubt, the only person who would be allowed to see the details/content of my bank account is my wife.

Assuming there is a situation (and I find this extremely hard to imagine) where I would show either the cover of my bank book or a debit/ATM card to prove the name of the bank that I use ... in that case I would just open up an account at a different bank, but not actually use that account. Still, your friends will surely suspect that you have more than one bank account ... ?

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

ramuji said:
I find it difficult to relate, because I can't imagine many relationships I have where it would be socially acceptable to ask to see another's bank account info. Without a doubt, the only person who would be allowed to see the details/content of my bank account is my wife.

Assuming there is a situation (and I find this extremely hard to imagine) where I would show either the cover of my bank book or a debit/ATM card to prove the name of the bank that I use ... in that case I would just open up an account at a different bank, but not actually use that account. Still, your friends will surely suspect that you have more than one bank account ... ?

Yeah, it is hard to believe, isn't it? And I rather doubt they would myself, but I can imagine a few scenarios that might arise that would enable such a question (giddiness from the amount might prompt the question so that they might thank me, for example).

You are right, they would suspect an alternative account, specifically because this new account would have absolutely no activity in it. 

If I'd thought to do an alternative account six years ago, that might have worked, however. But too late, I'm afraid!

Okami

Would it be possible to explain to us why you can't let them know it's you giving them money, or is that too long of a story to tell?

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Dude. This thread smells dodgy. Even if you are giving someone less fortunate money and its not some story to cover up illegal activity with your current bank account, there shouldn't be any situation in which it would be socially acceptable to actually see someones bank account, that shits just outright outrageous to do.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.