By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 UP YOY in USA with NO big exclusives. What gives?

Why was the PS3 up YOY in USA during BF week?

Great bundle deals and discounts 198 45.41%

New exclusive games (All ... 21 4.82%

More PS3 advertising 15 3.44%

A combination of multiple factors 136 31.19%

Other 16 3.67%

See results 48 11.01%

Total:434
thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:
VGKing said:
slowmo said:
So ultimately despite all the talk in here it still has been massively outsold by the 360 and will not sell more than it for the entire holiday season despite having a new model available and loads of Bundles?

We could do the favourite thing of Sony fans and do launch alignment sales in the US but that makes it look even worse as it means the 360 sold 100% more then, strange how that's not brought up in these threads.

I would say the reason it is up is due to the new model and aggressive bundling and pricing by Sony for BF. I expect sales to be back down yoy as the deals expire imo

don't be a hypocrite. MS had a $50 price cut on bundles for weeks now yet it was still massively down YoY. 

Reported.  I never said anything about Microsoft strategy so don't see how I'm a hypocrite.

Wow, the amount of butthurt in this thread is incredible.  Now, people are trying to have others banned for stating facts.  Good luck with that ban attempt, btw.

@ PS3 fans

I wouldn't be too harsh on these guys.  Hell, wouldn't even report them.  They're just adjusting to the fact that the 360 isn't going to make up nearly as much ground as it did last year and the gap will only continue to decrease until it isn't there.

If you think I broke the rules then report me, like I'm gonna do to you. 

Around the Network

Well, our planet has had a decrease in intelligence YoY, too...

(Just kidding guys, it's obviously due to the new Slimmer Slim + bundles.)

Would there have been cheaper older models available for deals? Taking ino account that slims got discontinued I would imagine the retailers would have loved to move old stock on the busiest week by offering the older models for cheaper or in better bundles which could potentially boost sales past last years

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

slowmo said:
thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:
VGKing said:
slowmo said:
So ultimately despite all the talk in here it still has been massively outsold by the 360 and will not sell more than it for the entire holiday season despite having a new model available and loads of Bundles?

We could do the favourite thing of Sony fans and do launch alignment sales in the US but that makes it look even worse as it means the 360 sold 100% more then, strange how that's not brought up in these threads.

I would say the reason it is up is due to the new model and aggressive bundling and pricing by Sony for BF. I expect sales to be back down yoy as the deals expire imo

don't be a hypocrite. MS had a $50 price cut on bundles for weeks now yet it was still massively down YoY. 

Reported.  I never said anything about Microsoft strategy so don't see how I'm a hypocrite.

Wow, the amount of butthurt in this thread is incredible.  Now, people are trying to have others banned for stating facts.  Good luck with that ban attempt, btw.

@ PS3 fans

I wouldn't be too harsh on these guys.  Hell, wouldn't even report them.  They're just adjusting to the fact that the 360 isn't going to make up nearly as much ground as it did last year and the gap will only continue to decrease until it isn't there.

Lol, I just encouraged other PS3 fans not to report 360 guys who were going a little overboard, so why would I report you?  Besides, I don't think you necessarily broke the rules.  Well, unless there is one for reporting people for disagreeing with you and backing up their claims with facts.

thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:
thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:
VGKing said:
slowmo said:

@ PS3 fans

Lol, I just encouraged other PS3 fans not to report 360 guys who were going a little overboard, so why would I report you?  Besides, I don't think you necessarily broke the rules.  Well, unless there is one for reporting people for disagreeing with you and backing up their claims with facts.

Opinion does not equal facts

Around the Network
slowmo said:

"MS had a $50 price cut on bundles for weeks now yet it was still massively down YoY."  Sorry, but that is a fact.

thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:

"MS had a $50 price cut on bundles for weeks now yet it was still massively down YoY."  Sorry, but that is a fact.

Which has no relevance to the point that PS3 had been outsold massively by the 360 in the US so it wasn't in reply to me other than to try and get some sort of reaction but nice try.   Keep trying to refute that basic fact though.

slowmo said:
thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:

Which has no relevance to the point that PS3 had been outsold massively by the 360 in the US so it wasn't in reply to me other than to try and get some sort of reaction bu nice try.   Keep trying to refute that basic fact though.

And your posts have nothing to do with the PS3 being the only console up YOY on Black Friday week, so what's your point?

thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:
thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:

Which has no relevance to the point that PS3 had been outsold massively by the 360 in the US so it wasn't in reply to me other than to try and get some sort of reaction bu nice try.   Keep trying to refute that basic fact though.

And your posts have nothing to do with the PS3 being the only console up YOY on Black Friday week, so what's your point?

My posts did have, but it's clear to see your a little upset with me for pointing out the obvious...

Nintendo basically dropped Wii support and Microsoft being more focused on profits than hardware numbers at this late stage in the game are the reasons why PS3 saw an increase in North America.