By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

bananaking21 said:
Nsanity said:
mawaxid said:
So, PS3 sales probably around 800k worldwide, right?

Where are you getting the 800K from?

well considering vgchartz understrached it in NA by about 130k, add that to the numbers vgchartz did track and it will be about 800k

So, its 800K according to VGChartz internal data?

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
bananaking21 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
vgchartz cant be thrusted in terms of sales IMO

yet there sales datas is why we are all here in the first place, kind of ironic huh?

i am not here cause of sales numbers, i just love the community here and this layout of this forum is the best.

*.*

just wanted to make a clever remark but okay :(

WiiU's figures look far less impressive now. Amazing to see PS3 and 360 increasing while they're nearing the end of their lives. Vita does pretty well too and is not that far from 3DS. No word on PSP sales?

Nsanity said:
mawaxid said:

VGC now: 643k
Adjustment: 145k (525k Sony - 380k VGC)

Total: 788k

Without add the 200% up for LA and the adjustment in NA due the US sales.

Nsanity said:
bananaking21 said:
Nsanity said:
mawaxid said:

well considering vgchartz understrached it in NA by about 130k, add that to the numbers vgchartz did track and it will be about 800k

no no, i think he was just estimating, using vgchartz data for europe+japan and the rest of the world but not usa, and then adding those numbers with the offical numbers sony just released for the usa. its just a personal estimate

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
Come on guys, Vgchartz is only off by 125,000 for PS3. 25% error isn't that bad, oh...yeah I guess that kinda, well, okay it's bad.

Great numbers for PS & Xbox.

It's off my even more considering VGC tracks America which is the US + Canada + Mexico.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:
Soundwave said:
160k for the biggest shopping week of the year for a new system with a $80 price reduction for the week + relatively new color + high-end game bundled + download code for another new game ... isn't good by basically any metric. Even the GameCube would be ashamed of itself for a Black Friday week like that.

But it's better than the "dead as heck" level the Vita is usually at.

Well, consider that 3DS sold 250k during the same week.

Did 3DS get any price-slashing game bundles?

Yes, Nintendo dropped its price by close to 50% last year and they have lots of bundles this year.

Wich bundles Nintendo made for the 3DS this year?

It happens everytime people. Every. Single. Time.

Nsanity said:
bananaking21 said:
Nsanity said:
mawaxid said:

At leats the part about Europe and Japan. But after a 33% error in PS3 and 100% for Vita it's better to wait for the next adjustments before any conclusion about the real sales figures.

pezus said:
ethomaz said:
mawaxid said:

Seems like... or maybe the VGC algorithm based in US sales change the numbers a little.

And if numbers from Europe are to be trusted. Honestly, I don't trust any of the numbers VGChartz gives us now except when they've been confirmed. 

you can trust them to adjust their numbers quarterly..

OT - in my gut 150k is what i was thinking vita would clock in at so gratz me!  still not the kind of numbers to be super excited about but like i said in my black friday post ... i've got a glimmer of hope that with a price cut vita can rise up to "acceptable" sales levels.