By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Halo 4 online for close to two hours and killed exactly zero 12 yr olds! Tips plaise~

Tagged games:

play bf, that would be my tip

Around the Network

Halo pls

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

spurgeonryan said:
crissindahouse said:
play bf, that would be my tip

play like one HD game a year. please speak english or something a nintendo gamer would understand.

you should play battlefield if you want to change one weapon from semi to automatic or back. if you play halo, you have to choose different weapons for different purposes. if you want a fully automatic choose the assault rifle, suppressor or storm rifle (but you should learn to use the dmr or battle rifle)

not sure about the zoom, i play with the bumper jumper controls but that still has zoom on the stick.

Thing is people have become surgical with the Dedicated Marksman Rifle and Battle Rifle. Its a snipers game now.

Get a Light Shield, itll help when they get the jump on you

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

For starters get rid of the Assualt Rifle. Overall it is a one situation gun and unless you plan on crouching in close quarter combat situations then you will die a lot.

Use your grenades a lot. Grenades will automatically take down there armor.

If you feel like using the noob combo go for it. Charge you plasma pistol shoot someone change to your BR/DMR shoot one time to the head. BTW always aim for the head.

Crouching is very imprtant. I always prefer to stay off of peoples radar. Most of the time I always get the first shot off.

Stay with your team mates and try not to get double teamed.

Always pay attention to your radar

Anyways this list goes on but at least get use to the basics first.

My K/D is 2.06 and my W/L is above a 2.0 with randoms so I do know what I'm doing.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
What about sniping. Is that a viable option to start? I usually start off as a squatter then move on when people start picking me off too much.

If you are going to try using the sniper try the Invisibility mod.  It really helps out.

Change your controller configuration to Fishstick. The classic Cod left trigger aiming style.

Yay!!!

spurgeonryan said:
I will say that even though Black ops. Is harder, I can at least get kills in that game. Practice on zombie mode helped.

I am sure by now most are at a high level experience wise on halo 4.

Halo 4 takes skill.  Call of Duty is either who can camp the best or whoever sees who first.

I'm pretty sure there is a setting where you zoom-in with the left trigger. Should be pretty easy to get used to if you don't like clicking the sticks. (Edit: Yup, listen to whiplash.)

And I really recommend that you play the campaign first. That way you'll peacefully get to know each weapon and learn to move around more swiftly. Also, your teammates won't be forced to watch you struggle with learning the basics while the team is losing points :P

The Halo 4 campaign is awesome no matter how you twist it anyway, so you really have nothing to lose.

Yeah, Jaywood offers some good tips. Assault rifle is real good in CQB situations but at any range, you should be using a BR or DMR (this is my favorite at atm). Also, pay attention to the other player's shield popping as it only takes one more round to the dome to finish them at that point. Keeping your sensitivity low can help you a lot with accuracy but at the cost of being able to turn fast but IMO it's a good trade off if you play mostly at range. Also, one of the most noobly things to do is to run around a corner chasing someone. Any half way decent player will have a grenade waiting for you as you round the corner and have you in a prime position to get finished. Learn the radar,stay close to teammates and bow out of situations that you know you can't win. Also Thruster Pack or Hardlight Shield will save your ass. I really like staying close to cover for any distance battles with people and if they are getting the better of me and my shield pops, I thrust behind the cover and recharge. Frustrating for the other player I'm sure.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.