By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGAs Set For 'Amazing Announcement For Old-School Gaming Fans'

NowGamer

Geoff Keighley is teasing his annual VGA event and, as has become the case over the last couple of years, has promised a number of special announcements.

In a tweet discussing a potential announcement, Keighly said "Have an amazing VGA announcement coming together for old-school gaming fans….this one is very special to me personally."

There's no suggestion as to what this could be, but at this point in time it could well be anything. Old-school gaming has certainly seen a rise in popularity thanks, in part, to Kickstarter's recent success.

We'll just have to wait and see, unfortunately.

Keighley then confirmed the premieres that are already known for the VGAs - namely The Last Of Us, Gears Of War: Judgment and South Park: The Stick Of Truth - but again didn't offer much more than that.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1697941/vgas_set_for_amazing_announcement_for_oldschool_gaming_fans.html

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII Remake, confirmed.

FFVII is not old school: think in the lines of King's Quest.

Anything can be "old school", really, considering how old a lot of the biggest franchises are. GTA could be old-school. Hopefully it's something surprising, though, and ... damn it, does anyone else have trouble concentrating when Carl2291 made the last comment and it's right above the Quick Reply box?

Alright, I can't remember what I was saying. Oh, right, hopefully it's a franchise that we haven't seen in a long time.

Killer Instinct?

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
FFVII is not old school: think in the lines of King's Quest.

FF1 remake would be old school, though.  Now that I think about it, I would like to see that a lot more than a FF7 remake.

Parappa!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

In all seriousness, Im expecting it to be a big show.

The Last of Us
Gears of War Judgment
South Park Stick of Truth
Bioshock Infinite
Star Wars 1313
Watch_Dogs
Tomb Raider
God of War
Dead Space

The "old school" surprise? Im hoping and dreaming for a new Monkey Island.

Carl2291 said:
In all seriousness, Im expecting it to be a big show.

The Last of Us
Gears of War Judgment
South Park Stick of Truth
Bioshock Infinite
Star Wars 1313
Watch_Dogs
Tomb Raider
God of War
Dead Space

The "old school" surprise? Im hoping and dreaming for a new Monkey Island.

Samuel L Jackson is the host....it's gonna be an interesting show for sure

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Maybe Tim Shaeffer will announce his Kickstrater game. Or rather reveal it