By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 finally coming to 360 ?

not going to happen

Around the Network

One of the best games I've ever played :D If it goes multiplatform it is only a win for gamers all around in my opinion as it will reach out to more players. I'd like to see it go to PC though tbh

This game was good but way over rated.and its not even the best looking. Ps3 game

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

But how are they gonna get all that power to run on 360? its obvious no 360 game could ever look or play that good.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I'd buy it again.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
MSX, NES, GBC, PSX, PC, PS2, PSP, GCN, XBOX, PS3, 360, 3DS...

Those are the platforms that Konami has released various versions of Metal Gear on or plan to. MGS is not an exclusive franchise to anything. Nothing about MGS4 couldn't be ported to Xbox 360. If MGS4 doesn't come to 360 you can bet it will be part of a collection next gen for everything.

Yeah right! MGS4 will come to a Microsoft console when Mass Effect 1 comes to PS3....oh wait!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DCOK said:
MB1025 said:
Can I get some game play with my cut scenes?

If that was a knock on MGS4, it was rather weak.

MGS4 is a stellar game, even 4 years after it's release. Sure, much of it (not most of it) was like watching a movie. But, a really cool action movie at that. You had to really pay attention as there was never a dull moment in the story. 

I just have a thing about game developers wanting to take the Game Play out of my hands because they want their game to be cinematic. That is why I hate games lik Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid. It is like my goal is to try and get to the next cut scene or cinematic event. MGS is the worst though. Between all the cut scenes and interuptions from your head set how can you enjoy the game with so much downtime. Not to mention most of the game is sneaking around anyways.

Sometimes I do not understand how it can be over 50 GB. If it came to PC and you full installed it, it would be impossible to be 50 Gb. 10 at the most. Then again I am not understanding of technology at all lol.

Its not going to happen. They'll have to recode the entire game, compress 50gig in god knows how many disc. remove the ps3 controller that controls the Mk.II robot. remove audio from certain scene such as when otacon accidentally tells snake to swap disc on the ps1..(how many scenes will otacon tell snake to swap disc if it was on the 360?) and they'll have to remove the ps3 system that is in the kitchen in the nomad airplane. Also maybe the features in the game that uses the pressure sensitive face buttons. Not sure if 360 controllers have that.

sorry about spoilers

i'm surprised at some people... and not in a good way

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Its not going to happen. They'll have to recode the entire game, compress 50gig in god knows how many disc. remove the ps3 controller that controls the Mk.II robot. remove audio from certain scene such as when otacon accidentally tells snake to swap disc on the ps1..(how many scenes will otacon tell snake to swap disc if it was on the 360?) and they'll have to remove the ps3 system that is in the kitchen in the nomad airplane. Also maybe the features in the game that uses the pressure sensitive face buttons. Not sure if 360 controllers have that.

sorry about spoilers

i'm surprised at some people... and not in a good way

"recode the entire game" Nah, just port it to the Fox engine and it's ready to ship.

"compress 50gig in god knows how many disc" It had redundant data to reduce slow read times because the PS3 BR drive is so slow. Throw out the redundant junk, compress the rest and you have a two or three disc game at the most.

"remove the ps3 controller that controls the Mk.II robot" Easy

"remove audio from certain scene" Easy

"remove the ps3 system" Easy

"pressure sensitive face buttons" They did it for the HD collection.