By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soldier: Killzone 3, Fallout 3 Have The Most Realistic Combat

MGS4 is the most realistic combat simulator, I should know since I'm a ten year vet

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Killzone? Fallout? How about ARMA? Most people find it boring, but it actually could be entertaining online if you invest enough time in it. Though what do I know, I'm not a recon. My army days were far less exciting than this guy might had, so I play different kind of military games... how to effectively shot down U-2 with 2K11M1 :D

Whether or not they are good simulators, I find them as great games.

always those vets talking about the so realistic bf, moh, ghost recon, cod, killzone and fallout, they should really meet together and decide which one is the most realistic and shouldn't all say that about different games^^

There used to be a section on some video game show starring Geoff Keighley (did I spell that right?) where they'd get this military expert on every week and talk about which military game was the most realistic. He'd talk about the tactics, demonstrate the weapons, etc. I wonder if that still comes on Spike TV.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
His view of war has changed drastically....he associates modern war with sci-fi........

You completely missed his point.  

Oh, right. He mentioned and praised a PS3 exclusive... -_-

kowenicki said:
lol. Is this a joke? Some random soldier has an opinion. Great.

Turkish. your post is a VGC classic. Up there with the Skee war simulator post.

Try to have a little respect.

riderz13371 said:
kowenicki said:

And callign someone "random" is a sign of disrespect? He's a vet, goddamn, not a queen.

mai said:
riderz13371 said:
kowenicki said:

And callign someone "random" is a sign of disrespect? He's a vet, goddamn, not a queen.

A vet that served in the military for 12 years while he sits behind his computer being an internet warrior. I'm not saying you are supposed to bow down to him, but simply referring to him as a "random" soldier is completely disrespectful considering what he has done for his country. Most of the people on this site wouldn't last a day in the army, let alone 12 years.

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:
His view of war has changed drastically....he associates modern war with sci-fi........

You completely missed his point.  

Oh, right. He mentioned and praised a PS3 exclusive... -_-

Hah, no kidding, if he'd said Halo 4 instead I think the tune would be a lot different.

On topic, I see what the guy means about KZ3.  It has its problems, but the combat is very gritty and violent.  Especially those vicious melee kills.  The developers also did an excellent job on the standard weapons.  The ISA rifle is one of my favorite guns in any game.

I understand what he means about Fallout 3, as well.  You aren't bound by absolute rules, you can make a mistake and have consequences for your actions.  The design also means you can go at combat from almost any angle with totally different tactics.  It doesn't hold your hand and show you point blank how to get through, which is completely different than most of today's corridor shooters.