By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just got Beautiful Katamari

I just wanted a light-hearted, family friendly game to play as a break from my FPS collection.

I didn't know I was buying the digital equivalent of crack.  After about 8 straight hours of gaming, I finally forced myself to get in bed around 5:30am.  At least my wife is hooked, too, so she's not bugging me about playing so late..

Around the Network

It's pretty spouse-friendly, isn't it? I have We Love Katamari, and it's just about the only game I can make my girlfriend play with me. She even liked it enough to play it by herself, which is pretty damn rare. =P

I almost got a divorce because of the co-op system in that game.

Absolutely terrible.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

yeah. it's a fantastic game. a true gem in the 360 library. let's hope we see more like it.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

My defining moment in the game was when I was able to roll up continental plates!...

Kind of one of the most interesting other moments was when I was rolling up 360's and controllers... I kept telling my self they were RRoD 360's...

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
My defining moment in the game was when I was able to roll up continental plates!...

Kind of one of the most interesting other moments was when I was rolling up 360's and controllers... I kept telling my self they were RRoD 360's...

LOL!  Haven't seen the continental plate action yet.

I always chuckle when the people scream and then start twitching when rolled up.  Makes me wonder about myself, but then I go on to the next scenario. 

Who would have thought acting like the world's scariest tumble-bug could be so much fun?

Congrats on finding the addictiveness that is Katamari :)
That's how me and my gf were with the PS2 ones. I think she liked it more than I did. I had to get her the PSP Katamari ;-p 360 ver. is really good, too. I got a free Ousama cell phone strap w/my pre-order, sweetness! :D

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Apparently, after the original masterpieces of the PS2, the franchise went downhill on the PSP, and 360. I wonder how this may be. I only have the original two for the PS2, and never got the PSP one, and 360 one. Are they worth picking up, or should I just listen to the reviews?

a.l.e.x59 said:
Apparently, after the original masterpieces of the PS2, the franchise went downhill on the PSP, and 360. I wonder how this may be. I only have the original two for the PS2, and never got the PSP one, and 360 one. Are they worth picking up, or should I just listen to the reviews?

Well, I'm not sure about the PSP ver. too much since I never really played it. My gf played through it all though. I think the initial thing to get over for that one though was the "single" analog nub. It took her a little while to get used to that after playing so much on the PS2 Dual Shock 2 controllers. After that though it seemed to be a lot like the PS2 ver. 

The 360 ver. is easily the best looking out of all the games. It's much easier to tell what it is you're "collecting" with your ball. The gameplay is similar to the PS2 ver. though. Though, that could be what the complaints are about, that the gameplay is the same. Nothing revolutionary, it's more like a refinement, or evolution of the earlier games, which isn't really a bad thing.

The Soundtrack (always one of the best parts of the KD series) is really great, too. This time around the bonus stage is actually kind of interesting and provides a nice change of pace, not like that damn rose stage from the 2nd game (I still don't like that stage :X ).

I do wish there was a "racing track" stage like in the 2nd game (when you go really fast), but you can't have everything. I haven't tried the online play too much since I spent most of my time looking for presents/mates and trying to improve size/speed. :) I definitely recommend getting the 360 ver. if you haven't yet and have a 360 (also if you liked the ps2 ver.) It's a very fun experience.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

a.l.e.x59 said:

I haven't played the other versions, but this one certainly has me hooked.