By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you had to show your tastes because people treat you like a fanboy?

I was in Jay's thread lately about the ten most annoying types of People, and there was one item in particular that struck me.

As a gamer my whole life, I've enjoyed games of all types, mostly on Nintendo platforms and on Personal Computers. Growing up, I also owned a Game Gear alongside my Game Boy, and owned an atari 2600 and later owned a Jaguar.

Bein a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series back in the day, I had to buy a Playstation to play games like FFIX and enjoy games like Metal Gear Solid.

After being part of this community for almost 3 years, I've learned to find ways to show my friends what are the things I actually like. I've been treated like a Sony troll, like a Nintendo troll, like a gaming troll, and so I've found ways to show my friends on here what are those things that I like. It's funny that I've had to do that, but I did. I learned how to put the games I'm actually playing so people can see that I like all kinds of games, I learned to make friends with fans of all platforms to get a better idea of their views on thingsand see if there's common interest. I learned to show off my purchases and achievements and even perform music for my friends on here :)

Yet with all that, the people who put you into boxes and label you will never realize how harmful their attitude is.

I was wondering, did you ever feel like that too?

Around the Network

I feel like that quite often. But whenever the discussions don't break down into accusations of fanboyism, they're pretty awesome. I've had some great discussions here on a wide range of gaming-related topics that didn't involve much trolling or name-calling.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Nope, I have already been attacked by Sony,MS,Nintendo, and PC fans. But I don't really care, and try to logic with them.

I never cared what people think of me when I picked my name (used since early 2000). I've used the Nintendo and PC combo for awhile and there are only a few series which I miss (Armored Core, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo). I have owned non Nintendo systems in the past (Atari 2600, Genesis, Game Gear, PS1). I don't care if people think I am a Nintendo fan because I am (not going to use the word boy).

Farsala said:
Nope, I have already been attacked by Sony,MS,Nintendo, and PC fans. But I don't really care, and try to logic with them.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

LOL

Around the Network

When you say you "had to buy playstation" to play Final Fantasy and Metal Gear... you are exibiting fair amount of bias

I think I should stop mentioning which system game is on all together. Might be best way to go...

Talk about game and why you like/dislike it... and leave it to whomever gets interested to find out more.

I never really try to reason with people who just blatantly disagree with me, it always end in a huge quote tree with no one really winning....haters gonna hate

cusman said:

When you say you "had to buy playstation" to play Final Fantasy and Metal Gear... you are exibiting fair amount of bias

I think I should stop mentioning which system game is on all together. Might be best way to go...

Talk about game and why you like/dislike it... and leave it to whomever gets interested to find out more.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. What is the problem if I didn't want to buy a Playstation console, does that make me biased or a fanboy? What about just not wanting the console and its games up until that point?

well some people are just perfect you know so they put others in boxes. I put those in boxes because they are special!

if I feel the need to prove myself that person has to be very important to me otherwise I don't give a shit about what people think of me!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I can tell a lot of Nintendo people think I'm a Sony troll. Probably since I post great things about Sony and bad things about Nintendo but that is just how it is. In fact I'll add a 3DS to my sig just to help stop people thinking this.

The reason I care is because right now I have two users on this site I refuse to communicate with because they are blind fanboy morons and all that jazz. I don't want members to do that to me.