By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U controls speculation

If it abandons motion-controlled swordplay, I won't be buying it.
Moving back to just mashing a button would be a tragic step backwards.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
If it abandons motion-controlled swordplay, I won't be buying it.
Moving back to just mashing a button would be a tragic step backwards.

Yeah. Looking at what Miyamoto said though, I don't think it'll ever move back. SUCCESS

My guess is that ocarina of time on 3DS is an indication how Zelda might control

To be honest, I would prefer a Zelda with classic controls and to use of the Gamepad for exploring the map, changing itemps,etc.. A fat-a** like me doesn't want to be forced to exercise each time he plays it..

Well, i might not be fat, but i didn't buy the last Zelda because of the whole motion control stuff... It's just not my sort of gameplay like that. Hopefully they'll get back to classic controls with the next one!

Around the Network

Its like I'm really in 2006 (and about to buy a wii for twilight princess) 

Cool concept, but I don't think it will work. As others said, I also would have fear of dropping it in one hand...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I thought about this too. I think it can work, though you'd likely need a strap for the gamepad just in case.

It is pretty much the only way I can see them implementing SS's motion controls (which I thought were great, the swordfighting at least, wouldn't want to go back). That and using the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo with the gamepad as map screen in front of you, but I don't really see the point of that.

Maybe they could use this (in the OP) as a control input, and devise a more traditional control input for those that don't have Motion Plus, or don't want to use motion control. Hear me out;

SS doesn't have a traditional option because there was no way you could do the combat or the puzzles with button controls. the WiiU gamepad has a second analog. What if they could make the right analog also control the sword? Move the stick right > Link swings right. Move it up > Link trusts upwards, and so on.

I think they could make these two inputs work.

if your goign to do this, NIntendo may as well release a body suit with sensors on it for the game.

I think it would be too akward to hold both these.

Swinging your sword using the 2nd analog stick isn't such a bad idea actually.... I was thinking that you could use the touch screen, swiping with a finger across the screen in the way you wanna strike with your sword. If you wanna stab someone you simply press the screen swiftly. If you wanna swing it from up to down, you simply draw your finger across the screen from up to down....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.