By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Imagination PowerVR Series6 Model - up to 1000 GFLOPS of proccessing power

Soundwave said:

I think a Nintendo tablet with an optional home base similar to the Vita TV is coming and will likely be in the processing power range of these devices.

Once you can get performance in the range of 200 GFLOPS, then Wii U/360 engine ports become pretty feasible, and I think that's how Nintendo is going to squeeze more money out of the expensive Wii U projects they make -- by effectively making a new pillar that can handle ports of a lot of the same games.

Another issue are the controls and a possible 3D screen that could make the tablet expensive and you know nothing about emulation.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Soundwave said:

I think a Nintendo tablet with an optional home base similar to the Vita TV is coming and will likely be in the processing power range of these devices.

Once you can get performance in the range of 200 GFLOPS, then Wii U/360 engine ports become pretty feasible, and I think that's how Nintendo is going to squeeze more money out of the expensive Wii U projects they make -- by effectively making a new pillar that can handle ports of a lot of the same games.

Another issue are the controls and a possible 3D screen that could make the tablet expensive and you know nothing about emulation.

No 3D screen, Nintendo's pretty much done with that idea I think, the regular model 3DS' are what they'll keep around but for future platforms? Buh bye. Needlessly expensive feature that doesn't move hardware that's hit and miss with the audience. 

Emulation? Maybe of the 3DS/2DS sure, but Wii U projects would have to be ported, but so what, third parties have to make multiple versions of certain games for different hardware all the time.

They can design a tablet even with a different chipset to share certain libraries and tailor it as much as possbile to make porting easier.

For Nintendo I think this approach will be a slap in the face to all the people saying they need to put their games on other platforms -- sure they'll do that ... on their own terms by making their own additional platform.

Soundwave said:
fatslob-:O said:
Soundwave said:

No 3D screen, Nintendo's pretty much done with that idea I think, the regular model 3DS' are what they'll keep around but for future platforms? Buh bye. Needlessly expensive feature that doesn't move hardware that's hit and miss with the audience. 

Emulation? Maybe of the 3DS/2DS sure, but Wii U projects would have to be ported, but so what, third parties have to make multiple versions of certain games for different hardware all the time.

They can design a tablet even with a different chipset to share certain libraries and tailor it as much as possbile to make porting easier.

For Nintendo I think this approach will be a slap in the face to all the people saying they need to put their games on other platforms -- sure they'll do that ... on their own terms by making their own additional platform.

You realize that there is more to emulation than just being x times more powerful and plus we don't know how similar nintendo's propeitary hardware to the power VR architecture and people still haven't addressed the power consumption issues.