By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Face-Off: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Wii U

pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:

Relatively, yes. But definitely not in raw numbers. 452 players in USA only is still rather lackluster for the biggest franchise in gaming on the Wii U. Didn't the Wii U sell out?

Obviously not in raw numbers, pezus.  Come on, it's impossible for that to happen.  Don't know why you even needed to point that out.

I could say the same thing about your point, really. What's impressive about 452 growing more relatively than several hundred thousands? 

There's nothing impressive about it.  It was just a general point I made because it's likely with more people purchasing the hardware.  You're really trying to make something out of nothing here.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:

"To put things into perspective, during our online testing there were 321,502 concurrent players online with the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Curiously, that beat out the Xbox 360 version, which clocked in at 282,683. The Wii U version could only boast 452 players. "

These numbers are notable I think, because this would suggest more Europeans buying the PS3 version than the 360 version, yet we have the 360 version outselling the PS3 version pretty significantly even there. Also, I can't believe only 452 were playing BlopsII on Wii U. Wtf!

I think the PS360 numbers are worldwide while Wii U is US only.  Plus, the bulk of folks will have already bought the game on PS360 as it came out on those systems a few days before launch and didn't require the purchase of a brand new system.  Not to mention, the Wii U is not only a week old yet.  That Wii U number will probably grow the fastest of the three.

Relatively, yes. But definitely not in raw numbers. 452 players in USA only is still rather lackluster for the biggest franchise in gaming on the Wii U. Didn't the Wii U sell out?

Most people are playing the new Mario or Nintendo Land, if you look on Miiverse and.... oh wait you don't have a Wii U, zing! :P

Anyways, the community numbers are huge on Mario, Nintendo Land, and ZombiU compared to BLOPS2, though BLOPS2 is slowly crawling up there.

what I find more sad then the subhd resolution and sometimes well below 60fps is that there are not even 500 online ?
either nintendo people dont care about online, or shooters or both :(
or the online is bad which I doubt. how is online on blops anyways on the wii (like lag and stuff) ?

Compromised PS3 version? I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions (I have the PS3 version myself, since that's what my buddies are on) and they both play exactly the same. Treyarch did a really good job, they had a dedicated PS3 team this time. The framerate doesn't drop like it did in Black Ops and MW3 and both look almost identical (PS3 has more blurring at distances). But overall, not compromised at all. They don't want to release a compromised version, PS3 and 360 sales of COD are almost identical now (1st week leans 360 then PS3 catches up the rest of the year)

pezus said:
Kenology said:

There's nothing impressive about it.  It was just a general point I made because it's likely with more people purchasing the hardware.  You're really trying to make something out of nothing here.

Considering you replied to my post where I didn't even comment on the Wii U numbers, that's a weird thing to say. I was mostly interested in the PS3/360 split.

Edit: And also considering you entered with a statement like "only Sony fans in here". Who is trying to make something out of nothing?

You did comment on Wii U numbers though, and I was just adding context.  That's all.  I think you might've thought I was attacking you, but I wasn't at all.

And that "Sony fans in here" had nothing to do with my statement that I directed toward your specific post.  Though it might've gave you the impression I was attacking you, which, again, I wasn't.  I said "only Sony fans in here" because it was true at the time AND it seems to be them who start/perpetuate most of these types of threads - so I wasn't surprised.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
VetteDude said:
Compromised PS3 version? I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions (I have the PS3 version myself, since that's what my buddies are on) and they both play exactly the same. Treyarch did a really good job, they had a dedicated PS3 team this time. The framerate doesn't drop like it did in Black Ops and MW3 and both look almost identical (PS3 has more blurring at distances). But overall, not compromised at all. They don't want to release a compromised version, PS3 and 360 sales of COD are almost identical now (1st week leans 360 then PS3 catches up the rest of the year)

Facts are facts, the 360 version is technically superior. 

Except its not a fact. Both play at 60FPS, both render at the same resolution, and both have screen tearing. The PS3 version has better AA and the 360 has better draw distance. When you're playing, you don't notice a difference. And COD isn't a graphically inclined game anyways (even though its gorgeous, I love the art style they use).

Lusche said:
what I find more sad then the subhd resolution and sometimes well below 60fps is that there are not even 500 online ?
either nintendo people dont care about online, or shooters or both :(
or the online is bad which I doubt. how is online on blops anyways on the wii (like lag and stuff) ?

The console is not even 1 week old LOL, I can't comment on the online since I don't even have the game, but it seems to play the same from what I've seen on the interwebz, there no youtube streaming and no elite yet though.

VetteDude said:
kowenicki said:

Facts are facts, the 360 version is technically superior. 

Except its not a fact. Both play at 60FPS, both render at the same resolution, and both have screen tearing. The PS3 version has better AA and the 360 has better draw distance. When you're playing, you don't notice a difference. And COD isn't a graphically inclined game anyways (even though its gorgeous, I love the art style they use).

Actually, the 360 version is the best version.

pezus said:

No, not attacking me, but being guilty of what you accused me of doing. Let's drop this, this is getting ridiculous.

Let's.  Moving on...

pezus said:

PC actually, but who counts PC games anyway?

Given the OP was a comparison between the three console versions...

And also, I don't count PC personally.