By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon DS Sells a Million

Bubbles said:

p.s are DS games multi region, might buy it from america 

Yes, all DS games are region-free. If Circuit City ships internationally, try them. They're selling the game for $28 this week instead of the normal $35.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

I'll never forget after the first pokemon rage everyone kept saying it was a fad that would soon die and Nintendo would be lucky to get anything more then another sequal. Yet here we are 10 years later still breaking new records. Apperantly there are no fads in gaming. Franchises don't seem to ever die.

I've actually just purchased my first Pokemon game. Reading the discussions on it, the game seemed like a really good RPG for handheld systems so I decided to pick it up. The anti-Pokemon people seem to just not be able to ignore the kid's cartoon when they think of these games.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I think one of the greatest things about pokemon is the insanely lame opening lines by the other trainers prior to battle. I just got one that said this, "I wear shorts all year round!" Now that's a champion.

OriGin said:

WOW! Simply WOW.

Again I need to take a stab at Kwaad. But weren't you saying those people lining up to buy Pokemon weren't?

Haha, it was just a few days ago when Kwaad and Hus were doubting the pictures. Lots of people in NY and it didn't mean anything. One million copies in five days. Who knows how many of those bought new DSs? 

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
OriGin said:

WOW! Simply WOW.

Again I need to take a stab at Kwaad. But weren't you saying those people lining up to buy Pokemon weren't?

Haha, it was just a few days ago when Kwaad and Hus were doubting the pictures. Lots of people in NY and it didn't mean anything. One million copies in five days. Who knows how many of those bought new DSs? 

Not a good day to be a Sony fans that wants Nintendo dead

First that Ubi has two million sellers on Wii, than Pokemon sells over 1 million copies

So what is next?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

The April number will be so lopsided, they might as well take a vacation for a while

This will be the best selling game of 07 easily...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

robjoh said:
FishyJoe said:
OriGin said:

WOW! Simply WOW.

Not a good day to be a Sony fans that wants Nintendo dead

First that Ubi has two million sellers on Wii, than Pokemon sells over 1 million copies

So what is next?

XD well FF12 RW for the ds is out now in japan, maybe 100k-400k for your first day, XD i dont know

Am I the only one who doesn't like pokemon anymore?

It was okay when they had the original 150 and 250 was fun to but after that number the game grew boring. OH and I wonder what type of people buy this game? because I know anyone who even thinks of buying a pokemon game at our school is ridiculed