By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper frame rate worse than PS3 version

Tagged games:

Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:
It's the Wii U's CPU really bad, Jim Sterling hate again or lazy developer???

The developer said these games are very CPU heavy and they've yet to learn the full ins and outs of the system.  So using brute clock speed in a PS3/X360 can work but not on Wii U.  You have to rework that part of your game engine to utilize the work flow across each CPU cycle* which can be a tryign task when tryign to reach a console launch deadline.

* to illustrate how this works, I'm going to use a series of figures purely for demonstrational purposes.   They in no way accurately depct the real figures but it can give you a sense of how to handle the work load.

Say the PS3 and X360 can handle 6 operations per clock cycle.    At 3.2 Ghz, that's 19.2 billion operations per second.
The game engine is designed around that clock speed.

Now say the Wii U can handle 10 operations per clock cycle but clocked much slower at just 2 Ghz.   That's still 20 billion operations per second.
But the game engine as it was designed is expecting a much faster clock that isn't there.   So the game engine can only operate at 62.5% of it's design capacity.  Now they have to rework the game engine to enable the more efficient clock cycle which is what they promised to be working on but apparently couldn't manage in time.

This example is greatly simplified but should give an easy to understand reason why the game turned out like it did.

exactly, all this is because OOE granted the CPU more operations per clock cicle, but the engine of the game is raw speed intensive. But i know you are going to just forget about this an keep with the argument "the cpu on the wiiU is  slow" "my ps3 have better cpu" and all that crap

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:
I find it funny that it's the PlayStation fans pouncing like this.

irony.

Yeah I feel kinda bad, I was always behind the PS3 when people were comparing power between the 360 and PS3, but this is kinda sad when I know the Wii U is obviously more powerful than those 2 and I see all these PS3 people talking shit about it. It's almost like people are desperate or something. tsk tsk.

If the WiiU is really more powerfull than both consoles, then Nintendo is quite stupid for not releasing the specs.  And that is why I think that the WiiU is on par with current consoles.

Just like the PS3 released in 2006.   It is on par with the 360, but with different technical stuff, that is why porting was hard.

Now in 2012 the WiiU is released, with power on par with the PS360, but with different technical stuff, that is why porting is hard.

If the WiiU is as the powerfull as you say,  then it would not even matter if the developer is lazy or not because there is so much power under the hood that it would not matter.

Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

irony.

Yeah I feel kinda bad, I was always behind the PS3 when people were comparing power between the 360 and PS3, but this is kinda sad when I know the Wii U is obviously more powerful than those 2 and I see all these PS3 people talking shit about it. It's almost like people are desperate or something. tsk tsk.

If the WiiU is really more powerfull than both consoles, then Nintendo is quite stupid for not releasing the specs.  And that is why I think that the WiiU is on par with current consoles.

Nintendo doesn't release specs. Period.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:
It's the Wii U's CPU really bad, Jim Sterling hate again or lazy developer???

The developer said these games are very CPU heavy and they've yet to learn the full ins and outs of the system.  So using brute clock speed in a PS3/X360 can work but not on Wii U.  You have to rework that part of your game engine to utilize the work flow across each CPU cycle* which can be a tryign task when tryign to reach a console launch deadline.

* to illustrate how this works, I'm going to use a series of figures purely for demonstrational purposes.   They in no way accurately depct the real figures but it can give you a sense of how to handle the work load.

Say the PS3 and X360 can handle 6 operations per clock cycle.    At 3.2 Ghz, that's 19.2 billion operations per second.
The game engine is designed around that clock speed.

Now say the Wii U can handle 10 operations per clock cycle but clocked much slower at just 2 Ghz.   That's still 20 billion operations per second.
But the game engine as it was designed is expecting a much faster clock that isn't there.   So the game engine can only operate at 62.5% of it's design capacity.  Now they have to rework the game engine to enable the more efficient clock cycle which is what they promised to be working on but apparently couldn't manage in time.

This example is greatly simplified but should give an easy to understand reason why the game turned out like it did.

Just stop already your making to much sense.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

irony.

Just like the PS3 released in 2006.   It is on par with the 360, but with different technical stuff, that is why porting was hard.

Now in 2012 the WiiU is released, with power on par with the PS360, but with different technical stuff, that is why porting is hard.

If the WiiU is as the powerfull as you say,  then it would not even matter if the developer is lazy or not because there is so much power under the hood that it would not matter.

So how we're those ports from Xbox from 2006-2009 ish?

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

They stopped releasing specs after the GC.   The lack of specs is not evidence of anything.  And your conjecture of the matter proves nothing.

They didn't release 3DS specs either.  Does that mean it's on par with PSP?

It should also be noted that a multiplatform game using the same art assets on a unoptimized game engine are going to run very poorly no matter how powerful the console.   How well did GTAIV run on PC?   You needed an insanely powerful PC to run it well.  Why?  Poor optimization.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Mr Khan said:
Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

irony.

That only happened since the Wii, because it was less powerfull than the PS360, and now because it not more powerful than the PS360 when it should.   If I remember right, they revealed the specs for the gamecube.

The WiiU is just like the PS3 was in year 2006, but in 2012.   The PS3 is on par 360 (with a bit more power here and there), but back then when games were released at the same time, the PS3 always had the worst ports by a lot; but for ports made for console launch window, the PS3 games where better like Oblivion.  (Not like today, because Hitman, AC3, and many other are better on the PS3, but there are still a few developers that are still having a hard time).

Now, the WiiU has performance on par with the PS360, but it is technically different and that is why developers have a hard time to make ports released almost at the same time for the PS360, just like with COD:BLOPS2.     When developers are not lazy you get things like ME3 or Batman on the WiiU, that run on par with the 360 and both consoles respectively, but you would expect them to have better perfomance considering all the time BIOWARE and Rocksteady had to make the port.

If the WiiU is as the powerfull as you say,  then it would not even matter if the developer is lazy or not because there is so much power under the hood that it would not matter, and games like COD:BLOPS2 would be much better on the WiiU, and Warriors Orochi 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, etc would also had a better performance.

I supposed you might have been typing that all up while I post but it would be a good idea for you to look up and read it. Refutes just about everything you just said.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Heavenly_King said:
Mr Khan said:
Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

irony.

That only happened since the Wii, because it was less powerfull than the PS360, and now because it not more powerful than the PS360 when it should.   If I remember right, they revealed the specs for the gamecube.

The WiiU is just like the PS3 was in year 2006, but in 2012.   The PS3 is on par 360 (with a bit more power here and there), but back then when games were released at the same time, the PS3 always had the worst ports by a lot; but for ports made for console launch window, the PS3 games where better like Oblivion.  (Not like today, because Hitman, AC3, and many other are better on the PS3, but there are still a few developers that are still having a hard time).

Now, the WiiU has performance on par with the PS360, but it is technically different and that is why developers have a hard time to make ports released almost at the same time for the PS360, just like with COD:BLOPS2.     When developers are not lazy you get things like ME3 or Batman on the WiiU, that run on par with the 360 and both consoles respectively, but you would expect them to have better perfomance considering all the time BIOWARE and Rocksteady had to make the port.

If the WiiU is as the powerfull as you say,  then it would not even matter if the developer is lazy or not because there is so much power under the hood that it would not matter, and games like COD:BLOPS2 would be much better on the WiiU, and Warriors Orochi 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, etc would also had a better performance.

Oblivion was ugly.....

your Logic is pretty bad.

most of this guys had given the game to outsources and were just redesign gameplay and using the same engine used by xbox360.

You do realize they haven't used any of the shaders the wii-u has and that comes from GPU do you think now the wiiu doesn't have better shaders?

You have realize these launch titles are given low budget groups because we all know there not going to sell great on zero fan base.

ninetailschris said:
Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

irony.

So how we're those ports from Xbox from 2006-2009 ish?

Just like warriors orochi 3, or like BLOPS2,  basically the same but less fps, or less detailed shadows,  or less vegetation. things like that.

That is why I the power of the WiiU is on par with the PS360, maybe a bit better in some regards, but almost neligible.   When a developer is not lazy you get ports like ME3 and Batman.  I think they are great ports and that they took the extra months to optimize the game.   But if the WiiU was super more powerfull by a noticeable margin, it would not matter if the developer is lazy or not, and ports would be at least on par with those of the other consoles, and if they have the intention of using the hardware, then the WiiU would have better ports.