By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU owners please tell me.....

superchunk said:
All the games are native 720p. The WiiU then upscales it to 1080p or whatever output you set in the settings menu. They even do that for Wii, VC, and WW games.

winning if it does this!.. and make it look good.. It would make me want to re-visit some wii-games and maybe even get me to buy a few more games that Ive left out.. The Last Story and Xenoblade .. oh and smash brawl as someone mentioned.. hot damn!.. that will do it while we wait for the wiiU version.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I only have NSMB U, Cod Black Ops 2, and Nintendo Land (I typed Zombie Land by accident! LOL!) and none of those games have any issues. I'm actually surprised how awesome Nintendo Land looks and plays. Online is awesome, too.

The only thing that throws my enjoyment off: Call of Duty BO1 has a 3D mode on the Xbox 360, at least. I haven't found that option for COD BO2 on the Wii U. If the other versions have it and the Wii U doens't, it's going to nag me forever!

"Online is awesome, too"  -what is awesome about the online? how is multiplayer blops2 online ?

Pjams said:
Games look good to me, some people were complaining about ZombiU, and while it won't be competing for graphics king, I think it looks good, more importantly it's a solid survival horror and I really like how the gametablet is integrated. NSMBU looks awesome and is just a great experience. Miiverse is a real surprise, for me at least, the community is having a lot of fun and there is just this incredibly positive vibe happening. The wii U has already established itself as completely unique, in my mind, I'm kinda blown away by how much I'm enjoying it.

"solid survival horror"  what!?.. dont you mean a fear-fueled first-person-shooter ?  I think you are mistaken buddy.. 6.8/10

BluGamer23 said:
d21lewis said:
I only have NSMB U, Cod Black Ops 2, and Nintendo Land (I typed Zombie Land by accident! LOL!) and none of those games have any issues. I'm actually surprised how awesome Nintendo Land looks and plays. Online is awesome, too.

The only thing that throws my enjoyment off: Call of Duty BO1 has a 3D mode on the Xbox 360, at least. I haven't found that option for COD BO2 on the Wii U. If the other versions have it and the Wii U doens't, it's going to nag me forever!

"Online is awesome, too"  -what is awesome about the online? how is multiplayer blops2 online ?

Call of Duty sets the standard for quick online matchmaking without hiccups, from my experience.  The Wii U version keeps up with the 360 quite nicely.  No lag, no hiccups, or anything.  I was worried how Nintendo's online would hold up after some piss poor experiences on the Wii.  The Wii U is up to task.......except that nobody--not one single person I've played with--has said a single word.  No headsets, I guess.

SvennoJ said:

Is it doing anything extra or is it the same as the tv upscaling the image? Why would it look like a stretched out piece of ass, Wii is already in the correct aspect ratio? (I actually set my 360 to 720p output since my tv does a cleaner job of upscaling to 1080p then my old 360)
The Wii has big pixels after the tv upscaling algorithm, nothing mysterious going on there horizontol res x 2 / vertical res x 2.
Does the WiiU add a softening filter after quadrupling the pixels?

I hate that. I like that on the 360 games they put the resolution so you can adjust it in the settings and it won't suffer from any lag or stretching.

I wonder why horizontal res x 2 & vertical res x 2 seems to work here. All of my older consoles look like shit on new TVs because they don't seem to be able to double the signal. It's always stretched and blurry at the edges although very old consoles just output some colors.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
BluGamer23 said:

Call of Duty sets the standard for quick online matchmaking without hiccups, from my experience.  The Wii U version keeps up with the 360 quite nicely.  No lag, no hiccups, or anything.  I was worried how Nintendo's online would hold up after some piss poor experiences on the Wii.  The Wii U is up to task.......except that nobody--not one single person I've played with--has said a single word.  No headsets, I guess.

Great thanks!!.. this is good to hear/read .. hope COD/BLOPS be as popular on the wiiU in future... coz I would love this console to be my only nexgen console... Im sick of paying for xbl.. lol

BluGamer23 said:
Pjams said:
Games look good to me, some people were complaining about ZombiU, and while it won't be competing for graphics king, I think it looks good, more importantly it's a solid survival horror and I really like how the gametablet is integrated. NSMBU looks awesome and is just a great experience. Miiverse is a real surprise, for me at least, the community is having a lot of fun and there is just this incredibly positive vibe happening. The wii U has already established itself as completely unique, in my mind, I'm kinda blown away by how much I'm enjoying it.

"solid survival horror"  what!?.. dont you mean a fear-fueled first-person-shooter ?  I think you are mistaken buddy.. 6.8/10

?

I haven't been doing much shooting, but if that makes you feel better, sure

Pjams said:
BluGamer23 said:
Pjams said:

?

Zombie U is more of a Survival Horror that empahsises the Adventure elements.  You really don't and really dont want to shoot much in this game. The noise attracts them, plus you don't get anywhere near enough ammo to make any weapon other than the criket bat your primary weapon. (Haven't play that far in I was nearly to Buckingham palace whne I cleared a place and left it in MiiVerse after posting something. My brother turned it off while I was in town. It just set me back about 20 minutes thankfully.

So back on track ZombieU is the antithisis of RE6 is more along the lines of the first RE.

Pjams said:
BluGamer23 said:

?

.. sarcasm meter broken.. 

http://au.ign.com/games/zombiu/wii-u-135661 <-- thats what IGN thinks it is.. its why it got a 6.8/10 LOL

Edit: @BlkPaladin .. haha good to hear.. I guess you guys dont read much reviews if you missed what IGN said about it lol.. totally agree! and it doesnt take a genius to see its not a first-person shooter type game.. lol but yeh anything will do as an attempt to put down a wiiU exclusive from biased reviewers

BluGamer23 said:
Pjams said:
BluGamer23 said:

?

.. sarcasm meter broken.. 

http://au.ign.com/games/zombiu/wii-u-135661 <-- thats what IGN thinks it is.. its why it got a 6.8/10 LOL

Oh ok. A little tired at the moment, so I'm not fully fuctioning right now.