By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is really enticing me to buy a Vita

199 assassins creed bundle combines with ps+ make the vita worth buying

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Gunman121 said:

That's a fallacy, the definition of console is : "

Noun:
A panel or unit accommodating controls for electronic or mechanical equipment.

"

The Wii meets those standards. Just because people are not appreciative that it did't do the HD graphics, does not make it inferior. 

but this doesn't negate my argument, simply because one line of my argument was highlighted and said "if you have to use ..." because the wii is a "console" and the argument was "console quality on the go."

I could take it a step forward and argue that the Ps Vita, is comparable to what the Xbox 360 can produce because SGX543MP4+ quad core GPU is capable of DX 9 performance and OpenGL 2.1. Does that now make my argument better because it meets your standards of what "a console is" vs what a console actually is.

Oh, and can I do the same thing? Can I say the 3DS isn't really a handheld console because every phone and portable device beats it interms of performance?

Such a silly argument, seriously.

Your argument isn't any good, because the Vita is clearly inferior to the console gaming people are used to nowadays.

As for your 3DS argument, you are arguing a completely different point now. What you should say instead is "Can I say that the 3DS isn't console gaming on the go either?", the answer to that question is obviously "yes".

Can you explain to me what "console quality on the go" is then? I provided three categories that meet the criteria of "console." You have provided nothing but "nope it doesn't meet it, because it's not what im use to"

Being vague isn't helpful for me here.

Gunman121 said:
RolStoppable said:
Gunman121 said:

Noun:

"

The Wii meets those standards. Just because people are not appreciative that it did't do the HD graphics, does not make it inferior. 

but this doesn't negate my argument, simply because one line of my argument was highlighted and said "if you have to use ..." because the wii is a "console" and the argument was "console quality on the go."

I could take it a step forward and argue that the Ps Vita, is comparable to what the Xbox 360 can produce because SGX543MP4+ quad core GPU is capable of DX 9 performance and OpenGL 2.1. Does that now make my argument better because it meets your standards of what "a console is" vs what a console actually is.

Oh, and can I do the same thing? Can I say the 3DS isn't really a handheld console because every phone and portable device beats it interms of performance?

Your argument isn't any good, because the Vita is clearly inferior to the console gaming people are used to nowadays.

As for your 3DS argument, you are arguing a completely different point now. What you should say instead is "Can I say that the 3DS isn't console gaming on the go either?", the answer to that question is obviously "yes".

Can you explain to me what "console quality on the go" is then? I provided three categories that meet the criteria of "console." You have provided nothing but "nope it doesn't meet it, because it's not what im use to"

I can tell you what I would consider console gaming on the go.

Doing the exact same things that I do at home on my big screen TV and console, while not at home. All this technical banter you provided is great, and PSV does have some shining examples of cross platform play, cross saved games but until I can comfortably do this with every game without thinking about it, it isn't as good as my console. I'm not arguing that it isn't the best available console experience on the go, just that it isn't there yet...

Or until PSV gets a TV out feature and provides as good experience as my console when plugged in to the TV, and can be unplugged and taken on the road. Whichever comes first...

disolitude said:
Gunman121 said:
RolStoppable said:
Gunman121 said:

Noun:

"

I can tell you what I would consider console gaming on the go.

Doing the exact same things that I do at home on my big screen TV and console, while not at home. All this technical banter you provided is great, and PSV does have some shining examples of cross platform play, cross saved games but until I can comfortably do this with every game without thinking about it, it isn't as good as my console. I'm not arguing that it isn't the best available console experience on the go, just that it isn't there yet...

Or until PSV gets a TV out feature and provides as good experience as my console when plugged in to the TV, and can be unplugged and taken on the road. Whichever comes first...

I can accept the aspect of it "not being there yet." I think that's valid to say, as we're still in it's first year -- and launch titles always tend to be the worse in terms of quality. (See X360/PS3 launch titles and then compare to now.)

disolitude said:
Only thing that could entice me to buy a Vita is if they figure out homebrew and emulation support for consoles NES to N64 (maybe even Dreamcast).

As is, I wouldn't use it even if someone gave it to me for free. I absolutely have no interest in playing wannabie console games on the go...

Translation:

"I don't want console games on the go... unless they're free, old console games."

Irony, such a beautiful thing. Also, you wouldn't play Gravity Rush if you were given a free Vita? What is wrong with you?

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:

But they are ridiculously overpriced. It's my biggest issue with buying a vita. They cost nothing to make and somehow they are this expensive. I bought my PS3 hard drive with 250gb for like $70 back a few years ago.

Yep, no argument there.  They're horribly priced for what they are.

You have two options really.  

Buy a small one (8GB) and juggle it with different games depending on what you're playing.  Vita games can be wildly different in size - Uncharted GA is 3.2GB, Touch my Katamari is as little as 600MB.  Then invest in a bigger memory card when/if they drop in price.

Buy the largest (32GB) and consider it a one-time investment.  That's what I'm doing (I'll be getting a Vita in 2 weeks, eek).  I can't see any way I'm going to need more than 32GB of stuff on it at any one time.

Also consider if you have a PS3 (I think you can do it through PC as well), you can store the game installs so you can just transfer them across to Vita whenever you fancy.  Takes a little managing, but obviously a PS3 has an infinitely bigger potential storage capacity than Vita does.

kowenicki said:
They are "enticing you", but not enough for you to actually buy one. This is a common problem by all accounts.

Flames around this company burns Sony soul.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Wagram said:
disolitude said:
Only thing that could entice me to buy a Vita is if they figure out homebrew and emulation support for consoles NES to N64 (maybe even Dreamcast).

As is, I wouldn't use it even if someone gave it to me for free. I absolutely have no interest in playing wannabie console games on the go...

Any handheld ever made is a wana be console. Come on diso, you can make better comments then that.

not nintendo's

Dude just buy it.
Youre going to be surprised at it.
Seriously, if you didnt buy it at 250$ with no games, you'll feel like getting 6 free games along with ps+ was wayyyy too much of a good deal to make logical sense.

Kresnik said:
Horrorfest said:

But they are ridiculously overpriced. It's my biggest issue with buying a vita. They cost nothing to make and somehow they are this expensive. I bought my PS3 hard drive with 250gb for like $70 back a few years ago.

Yep, no argument there.  They're horribly priced for what they are.

You have two options really.  

Buy a small one (8GB) and juggle it with different games depending on what you're playing.  Vita games can be wildly different in size - Uncharted GA is 3.2GB, Touch my Katamari is as little as 600MB.  Then invest in a bigger memory card when/if they drop in price.

Buy the largest (32GB) and consider it a one-time investment.  That's what I'm doing (I'll be getting a Vita in 2 weeks, eek).  I can't see any way I'm going to need more than 32GB of stuff on it at any one time.

Also consider if you have a PS3 (I think you can do it through PC as well), you can store the game installs so you can just transfer them across to Vita whenever you fancy.  Takes a little managing, but obviously a PS3 has an infinitely bigger potential storage capacity than Vita does.

Yeah. I'm really a console gamer so I mostly only plan on playing must have PSP/Vita games. I probably will only buy a few Vita games and just stay content with what Plus gets me. As it is Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush are two of like maybe 5 games for Vita I really want, plus AC3L comes with the bundle so that's three.