By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just Finished Walking Dead Episode 5 *MAJOR SPOILERS*

SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:
Lily didn't steal my RV. We left her for the Walkers. Our choiced DID matter!

I guess, not for the rest of the characters, they were abandoning the rv at the exact same time anyway.
I left her in my first playthrough when she shot carley point blank out of hatred, took her with me the 2nd time when Doug accidentally got hit in the scuffle. Didn't make any difference.

What I don't get is why Ben is getting all the blame for the attack on the motel. Lee was the one stupid enough to simply remove the bag of supplies without thinking it through first. Ben actually kept them safe all that time after the dairy farm was gone.
At least Lee and Lilly should have prepared for eventual repurcussions in messing with any arrangments.

WHAT!!!!??? it was 100% Ben's fault for all the shit that happened in ep 3!!!

he went behind the groups back by dealing with those bandits by stealing medicine that caused the ruckus from the bandits(after Lee found the hidden stash) invading the motel site which also lead to a swarm of zombies which ended up with Duck being bit(which eventually lead to his mother shooting herself) then made Lily lose the last shred of sanity which lead her to shoot Carley point blank in the face!!!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

I guess, not for the rest of the characters, they were abandoning the rv at the exact same time anyway.
I left her in my first playthrough when she shot carley point blank out of hatred, took her with me the 2nd time when Doug accidentally got hit in the scuffle. Didn't make any difference.

What I don't get is why Ben is getting all the blame for the attack on the motel. Lee was the one stupid enough to simply remove the bag of supplies without thinking it through first. Ben actually kept them safe all that time after the dairy farm was gone.
At least Lee and Lilly should have prepared for eventual repurcussions in messing with any arrangments.

he went behind the groups back by dealing with those bandits by stealing medicine that caused the ruckus from the bandits(after Lee found the hidden stash) invading the motel site which also lead to a swarm of zombies which ended up with Duck being bit(which eventually lead to his mother shooting herself) then made Lily lose the last shred of sanity which lead her to shoot Carley point blank in the face!!!

Not 100%. The video they found at the end of ep 2 predicts that the bandits will move their focus to the motel now the dealing with the dairy farm is out of the question. Ben was paying off the bandits, as long as he did that, they were left alone.
The bandits invaded when the promised stash was not there, removed by Lee without thinking through first why it would be there, why supplies were disappearing with regularity and what the mark was for.
Had Ben not made the deal, they would have been attacked far sooner. Had Lee left the stash there first and finished his investigation, they would have had time to prepare to deal with the bandits. Had they been prepated, Duck might not have been bit.
Ben is 100% responsible for the theft, not 100% for the assault imo.
Lily shot Carley in the head as she was turning around because of what Carley said to her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDtGgE3E3Jo&feature=player_detailpage#t=140s

Keep in mind that even though certain people were going to die no matter what, the reasons may have been different depending on how we played. My scenario was slightly different.

d21lewis said:
SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

Did they know what was going on?  I think Lee and Duck were just following a trail of clues and Lee found the stash.  Ben could have just told the rest of the people what was going on.

Yeah he should have, but that option wasn't available. They should have discussed and solved it as a group, but just as with the food situation at the beginning of episode 2, the rational option is not available.
Anyway that's what keeps horror movies going, people doing stupid things.

SvennoJ said:
arcane_chaos said:
SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

Not 100%. The video they found at the end of ep 2 predicts that the bandits will move their focus to the motel now the dealing with the dairy farm is out of the question. Ben was paying off the bandits, as long as he did that, they were left alone.
The bandits invaded when the promised stash was not there, removed by Lee without thinking through first why it would be there, why supplies were disappearing with regularity and what the mark was for.
Had Ben not made the deal, they would have been attacked far sooner. Had Lee left the stash there first and finished his investigation, they would have had time to prepare to deal with the bandits. Had they been prepated, Duck might not have been bit.
Ben is 100% responsible for the theft, not 100% for the assault imo.
Lily shot Carley in the head as she was turning around because of what Carley said to her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDtGgE3E3Jo&feature=player_detailpage#t=140s

but your completely missing the point that Ben unknowingly made a deal with the bandits without the groups consent because of him 3 people died, he put them in harms way regardless by even dealing the bandits, yes Lily flipped out and shot Carley but this NEVER would of happened if he fessed up or told the group sooner.(as the argument started over who stole the medicine/dealt with the bandits) and  what was Lee suppose to do when he found the stolen medicine hidden in  a wall? any resonable guy would have took it and asked what the hell was going on?

No one asked for the bandits protection other than Ben himself, he was lucky to be alive thank to Lee in Kenny when they found them in the woods, he STOLE supplies from the very group that saved him to appease the savage-like bandits

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:

but your completely missing the point that Ben unknowingly made a deal with the bandits without the groups consent because of him 3 people died, he put them in harms way regardless by even dealing the bandits, yes Lily flipped out and shot Carley but this NEVER would of happened if he fessed up or told the group sooner.(as the argument started over who stole the medicine/dealt with the bandits) and  what was Lee suppose to do when he found the stolen medicine hidden in  a wall? any resonable guy would have took it and asked what the hell was going on?

No one asked for the bandits protection other than Ben himself, he was lucky to be alive thank to Lee in Kenny when they found them in the woods, he STOLE supplies from the very group that saved him to appease the savage-like bandits

Yes he was definitely at fault with that, I'm only saying Lee could have handled it more carefully. They could have discussed it more as a group when tempers were not flaring. They could have packed up and left long ago instead of hanging on at the motel without a plan.
The game simply pushes for maximum drama. Choosing a singular scapegoat every time something happens is never going to keep a group alive, as was demonstrated by the story.
Episode 3 is still my favorite despite that you don't have any control over Lee's actions in the beginning. Talking down Kenny to get him to stop the train and face the hard truth was gut wrenching, and it only got harder after that.

SvennoJ said:
arcane_chaos said:

Yes he was definitely at fault with that, I'm only saying Lee could have handled it more carefully. They could have discussed it more as a group when tempers were not flaring. They could have packed up and left long ago instead of hanging on at the motel without a plan.
The game simply pushes for maximum drama. Choosing a singular scapegoat every time something happens is never going to keep a group alive, as was demonstrated by the story.
Episode 3 is still my favorite despite that you don't have any control over Lee's actions in the beginning. Talking down Kenny to get him to stop the train and face the hard truth was gut wrenching, and it only got harder after that.

I think Lee discovered the medicine at the worst possibe time, within minutes of discovering the medicine the bandits attacked, and everything went to hell

and I agree ep.3 was the best of the series, I've never felt such rage/shock/and sadness in about a span of an hour!!!

arcane_chaos said:
SvennoJ said:
arcane_chaos said:

I think Lee discovered the medicine at the worst possibe time, within minutes of discovering the medicine the bandits attacked, and everything went to hell

and I agree ep.3 was the best of the series, I've never felt such rage/shock/and sadness in about a span of an hour!!!

It's a bit unclear how much time was between the discovery and the attack. You would think even if the runner was picking it up right after Lee discovered it, he would have to go back to round up his buddies first before attacking.

Everything went wrong that could go wrong. Lilly didn't help either. I was trying to talk the bandits down, cut a new deal to buy some time. (It was time to pack up and leave anyway, promiss them regular shipments whatever they want) Then Lilly goes ahead and fires the first shot, alerting the zombies.
When she shot Carley in the next scene I was so pissed I left her at the side of the road. Definitely a rollercoaster ride that episode.

Wow. Just finished episode 5. Absolutely amazing. Only a couple games have made me feel the same emotion as playing through the walking dead: Journey, Uncharted 2, and Mass Effect 1.. Add TWD to that list now. Even with all the cutscene framerate problems and lip syncing issues, I think this is my 2012 GOTY. Well deserved and here's to hopefully a great season 2.

As for my choices, I kept my arm and had Clementine leave me. My thought process for the arm was that I'm going to die anyway (already spread throughout body), might as well be more useful to the group with 2 arms. And for Clementine leaving me, EVERY BULLET COUNTS. She needed that bullet more than me and I thought it was selfish of me to take that away from her.

Again, WOW.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

My daughter often beats my games before I do. She played up to episode 3 and then watched me play the rest of the game. Anyway, she was on episode 3 before I got there and I was trying to avoid watching her play. I noticed she kept restarting the episode. She was doing everything she could to keep Carly and Lilly alive. She figured that if she let the lady in the beginning of the episode lure the zombies, she could get enough supplies and keep everybody happy. Of course, it didn't work. When I found out what she was trying to do, it made me feel kind of sad. She couldn't keep everybody alive so she just quit playing.