By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Moment of Silence for my 60GB Launch PS3...

Kresnik said:
Ssliasil said:

Must be some way to transfer all that data to a new HDD, I mean i had PSPlus for awhile so lots of stuff from 4 or 5 months ago is on the cloud but...

Anything you backed up onto cloud/memory stick will be transferrable onto the new hard drive, yeah, but anything on your hard drive which didn't get backed up will get lost in the reformat.  At least, that's what I've been told.  Obviously there's stuff you can't move across like game files etc.

If there's anything important on there, it might be worth trying to do some of the emergency 'extra life' stuff to get a few more minutes to move everything across!  I've heard there's stuff involving ovens and hairdriers, but I've never looked into it :P

Good luck anyway!

P.S. Sorry for making a sad day even worse :(

I realllllllllllly hope, I played LBP2 the last time I had PSplus...

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

My launch day 60gig is still trucking, but this makes me nervous...

*puts on rubber glove to run a check-up*

OP, did you ever changed the thermal compound on your PS3? I ask this because I changed it twice on mine and would like to know if it sill can happen even if one has taken precautions of changing it on the 3rd year and then again on the 5th year.

You have my deepest sympathy.

I remember the same thing happening a couple of years ago to my old Xbox 360. Sure, the HDD was removable and all, but despite buying a brand new console offering the very same experience, it was just never the same again... I will never forget about the joy that my first Xbox 360 brought to me and all others who had the privilege to play it, and I'm sure that the same can be said about your recently departed Playstation 3.

Oh well, life goes on; things change and there is nothing we can do to stop those changes. As mortals, it is always important to keep that in mind. Don't get too attached to the past, and learn to live for the moment.

*Goes back to playing Nintendo 64*

My 60GB was about to die, it was doing the flashing red light thing/rebuilding the database/ thing far too often sold it to CEX for £75 bought a Superslim sold the bundled games got new PS3 for £150! Yeh get the Infamous and uncharted budled PS3 if you can, then sell the games and get a very cheap PS3.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Around the Network
DraconianAC said:

OP, did you ever changed the thermal compound on your PS3? I ask this because I changed it twice on mine and would like to know if it sill can happen even if one has taken precautions of changing it on the 3rd year and then again on the 5th year.

I replaced my thermal compound once about 2 years ago, but the most that will do is add about 3 or 4 months to your systems life, unless you do it every 2 months or so, which I did not.

Unfortunately.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

This is a constant fear I have with my 60 GB PS3. I brought mines on Ebay ( at a decent price too) in March 2008 and since Sept. it likes to act up...causing me to fear the worst will soon come....

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that man. I thought my top loading NES died on me my a month ago. Luckily, I just had to replace a capacitor in it and it's now back to working order. Hope your hdd is still good.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Sorry for your lose. PS3 is so much fun.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

:( A sad day indeed.....

Are you getting another one?