By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Expect numerous AAA announcements by 3rd parties in 2008

Bodhesatva said:
Or, it's possible that this is a fluff piece specifically intended to get enthusiasts excited.

of course. It's also possible that he was only playing Wii bingo last time.

We will never know the truth, at least, not until about midway through 2008 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
grandmaster192 said:
Hey, who knows, right? Maybe if you guys keep hoping and thinking about it, you'll get those 3rd party AAA's in your dreams.

omg, Wii-hater.

You don't see me trolling the PS3 boards with Chad Warden posts, yet, do you?

Here's what's up. Us Wii owners, we know that quality third party support is nice. Be sure to add the word "quality" because with shovelware, we actually have the most third party support on the Wii already.

Still, our first party support is just shy of being better than the overall support of the PS3 or the 360, imho.

You act like first party support is the same across all consoles. Anyway, do you believe quality third party support will be worse on the Wii than it was on the Gamecube? I don't, and you know what, I loved the Gamecube, still play it sometimes.

We want quality 3rd party support, but ya know what the biggest advantage of it would be, to me? Wii haters, like yourself, would no longer have any argument against the system.

We(and when I say "we" I mean "I") are happy as hell with the announced titles for the Wii. It has quite a few third party games that we want really bad, like, NMH, Tales of Symphonia(omg, big one for me), FF:CC, and Fragile, and then some OMGBBQ titles from Nintendo, like Brawl and Kart.

I personally can't see myself, a Gamecube fanboy, getting through this gen without playing Tales of Symphonia 2, or Brawl. I just can't do it. Tales of Symphonia was a hell of a game. Take it from someone who knows a littlebit about the JRPG scene. It was better than Suikoden 3, it was better than Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and those games were phenominal.

...but you know what? If the only games coming out for the thing were first party Nintendo games, for this whole gen, I would still feel like the Wii was the equal or better console, with, most likely, the top 3 games of the whole generation on their system(cause you know Nintendo).

1. Relative Affordiability

2. Quality Hardware

3. Nintendo Development

Now, with the other consoles, you don't get those things(exception is the PS3 DOES have quality hardware).

People get caught up in the motion controls, and while they do improve the functionality of the console, and make for some interesting possitilities, the console is still freakin' awesome without them. Just the feel of the remote on the Wii menu is something that has to be experienced. The Wii is greater than the sum of its parts, and you don't know that until you spent some "alone time" with her.

Then again, I bought the Gamecube and loved it, so maybe its just me.

Saying the Wii won't get as many AAA third party games as the 360, is one thing. It probably won't. It'll almost definately have more AAAE's and is guarnteed to have more AAA 1st party games this generation, out of the gate. This is due to the fact that most exclusive Non-Nintendo games(Mass Effect, Halo 3, MGS) will likely go to Games for Windows , 360, or PS3, in the next 4 years due to increasing cost of development.

Here is the question that explains the Wii's success in one sentence:

How can you hate Nintendo enough, that it keeps you from shelling out 250 bucks to play their games?

The games are good. Even if you hate them, they are still good. You should play them. It's like saying "I don't wanna watch Spirited Away because I hate cartoons," or "Elfen Lied sucks because I hate redheads." It doesn't matter if your into the subjectmatter at all. The product still rocks, it's amazing, and no matter how much you try marginalize the games by using the stigma of "kiddy," the end result is your missing some of the best games and times of your life by justifying them away, and your gonna be all the worse for it. Not playing SMG or Twilight Princess, is not doing yourself any favors, trust me.

Certainly nice to have an other good member, but I think he was being sarcastic. He wants to beat rolstoppable, but he isn't nearly as good (don't worry you will get to know him), Oh and grandmaster also has A Wii (he doesn't want to miss the nintendo titles).

"In addition, we expect major software announcements from third-parties"

They NEED that. The already announced titles are a pretty sad affair for a whole year. Let's see what they have up their sleeve.

ClaudeLv250 said:
grandmaster192 said:
Hey, who knows, right? Maybe if you guys keep hoping and thinking about it, you'll get those 3rd party AAA's in your dreams.

Sorry, it's a litlte hard to dream let alone sleep from all the Sony fanboys crying out n agony from the AAA 3rd party title Monster Hunter 3 jumping ship from PS3 exclusivity to Wii exclusivity.

I guess that's what you meant before about these games being PS360 games.

If you consider the next instalment of a franchise that gets mediocre reviews and only sells well in Japan a AAA title, then I am sure you will get dozens of AAA titles on the Wii next year!

Played_Out said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
grandmaster192 said:

Sorry, it's a litlte hard to dream let alone sleep from all the Sony fanboys crying out n agony from the AAA 3rd party title Monster Hunter 3 jumping ship from PS3 exclusivity to Wii exclusivity.

If you consider the next instalment of a franchise that gets mediocre reviews and only sells well in Japan a AAA title, then I am sure you will get dozens of AAA titles on the Wii next year!

Sales are objective, reviews are subjective

Sales>reviews 

And it sells well, even if its only in japan 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

" Sales are objective, reviews are subjective
Sales>reviews "

Depends on what you want to measure. Games you will like? Do not count crappy megasellers like Movie-games, Barbie's horse riding, Pokemon. In this case reviews are important. Success of a system? Sales are the important number.

Played_Out said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
grandmaster192 said:

Have you even played the game?

Kyros said:
" Sales are objective, reviews are subjective
Sales>reviews "

Depends on what you want to measure. Games you will like? Do not count crappy megasellers like Movie-games, Barbie's horse riding, Pokemon. In this case reviews are important. Success of a system? Sales are the important number.

You lost all credit by calling Pokemon"crappy megaseller"

Played_Out said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
grandmaster192 said:

74.5% GR Average isn't mediocre, it's at least good!

Also just because it only sells in Japan makes it non-AAA?
What about Dragon Quest then?

"You lost all credit by calling Pokemon"crappy megaseller""

Why? Pokemon games are crappy and they are megaseller. What is it you have a problem with?