By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Woo Hoo! I just got my Wii U!

NinjaguyDan said:
sethnintendo said:
So it comes preloaded with Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon or did you have to download them?

They're not functional without the update which isn't available yet. But they're on there right out of the box.

Ah nice.  I assume you probably have Netflix.  Hulu is okay but I struggle to keep my susbscription to Hulu+ sometimes.  They just don't have enough content that I prefer and a bunch of crap that I don't even care about.  The main shows I watch on it are Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Colbert Report, Family Guy, South Park, Bob's Burgers, Cleveland Show, and American Dad (Futurama and The Simpsons are web content only).  It would be nice if they had shows like Archer, Workaholics, The Walking Dead, etc.. Plus, the increase in commercials sucks too.

Around the Network
NinjaguyDan said:
the2real4mafol said:
NinjaguyDan said:
phenom08 said:
Show us the menu.

Here ya go:

Is that on the TV or controller?

The TV, you can switch from the TV to the controller at any time, the icon for that is in the lower right on the screen.

I wasn't sure because i could see that icon on the bottom right and it looked like a touch based interface anyway

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Just a few more days... keep the hype up guys. :)

so lonely...

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I wonder if they are going to have a check Mii out channel again? I download a ton of Miis (filled up my system) that looked like Obama, Clinton, Darth Vader, Peter Griffin, Homer, etc... It was kind of cool to see them in some of the games (Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports, etc in the stands/background). Can you port your Miis over from the Wii in the system transfer? Did you do a system transfer?

Around the Network
superchunk said:
sweet. 10hrs left for me. :) CAN'T WAIT!

did you sell any of your wii Us on ebay?  I just sold one for 485

sethnintendo said:
I wonder if they are going to have a check Mii out channel again? I download a ton of Miis (filled up my system) that looked like Obama, Clinton, Darth Vader, Peter Griffin, Homer, etc... It was kind of cool to see them in some of the games (Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports, etc in the stands/background). Can you port your Miis over from the Wii in the system transfer? Did you do a system transfer?

I'm still waiting for the update, it's not available yet.  I'm checking every half hour or so.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Well, I won't be playing until Monday. I have to work from 6am to 6pm tomorrow so Gamestop will be closed when I get off. My little sister is authorized to pick up pre-orders for me but she's going to be 300 miles away, tomorrow. It's the perfect storm of fucking up my plans. Unless my other sister can successfully imitate my youngest sister, I'm going to be shit outta luck. I was looking forward to playing when I got home from work, too.

Monday and Tuesday, I work 6pm to 6am so even when I get it on Monday, I won't be able to do much more than unbox it.

Cool! Not trying to be rude or anything but can you break it open -- a hammer would do, and tell me what is printed on the chips.

Thanks.

Only joking, but don't let me stop you if you thought I was serious.

cant wait man store down here opens at 12 tomorrow so thats when i shall get mines how is nintendoland?