By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Youtube App Launches On The Wii In North America

Official Youtube App Launches On The Wii In North America

Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 | 23:00 GMT by Orla Madden

At long last it arrives

Better late than never?

Just days ahead of the Wii U launch in the US, Google has announced today that it has launched the official YouTube app for the Wii. For the time being, the app will only be available in North America, but Google has plans to bring it to other countries soon.

The app has previously been available on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, and has been announced as a partner for the Wii U. It isn't known whether this will be a launch application or not - but lets hope it doesn't take several years, like its predecessor. YouTube support on the Wii was promised what feels like a lifetime ago.

Are you surprised the app has taken this long to arrive on the Wii? Will you be downloading it from the Wii Shop Channel today? Let us know below, if you can pull yourself away from videos of cats doing funny dances and that accursed Gangnam Style nonsense.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/official_youtube_app_launches_on_the_wii_in_north_america

Around the Network

We need a 3DS Youtube app that supports 3D.

lol is this a joke? Why did they even bother? Not DLing this even if it's free.

Youtube worked just fine on the Internet channel. Don't see the point of an app.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I'm actually happy about this. Now I can play Snow White through the Youtube app on the Wii in my daughter's room instead of having to let her take over my TV in the living room.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Viper1 said:
Youtube worked just fine on the Internet channel. Don't see the point of an app.

Less steps. Now you boot it up, grab your saved channels and you're good to go.

Made a world of difference when they made a dedicated app for the PS3 as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!