By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So with Kat in PS All Stars, will you buy the game?

Kat is a good addition but that dude from starhawk is meh, we didn't need him.

Gravity rush will get a sequal no doubt so she will become a more well known character over time where as starhawk was a massive flop sales wise.

Around the Network

anyway i'm excited for emmett and kat as they both have a ridiculous amount of skills at their disposal that can make for great movesets
emmett has his rift abilities, weapons, vehicles including the starhawk, jetpack etc, in addition to all his build and battle abilities
and kat of course has all of her gravity bending abilities

pokoko said:
JOKA_ said:

I feel like they are using up some of the lesser known characters as free DLC. Honestly not a lot of people are aware of who these characters are except for probably the hardcore PS fans.

This way it entices more hardcore people to get the game ASAP as they are only free for a limited time, while they can save more well known characters as fully paid DLC later on when the install base has grown.

This also gets the game some good PR, because a lot of people get pissed about DLC coming out so fast after release.  By making it free they will get a big thumbs up from the gaming community while still having some very soon-after-release DLC.

Not a bad plan.

It also highlights these characters and draws attention to their games when people say, "hey, where are they from?"  It's a nice bit of marketing, to be honest.  

This. Kat and the other dude won't draw many people into the game, but people who came for big daddy, kratos and drake will be curious who these people are and maybe generate more interest for those franchises. That's how these games work.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

What a awful roster lol.

she is a good addition if you ask me,well played

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

tbh even though from what i've played the game is awesome and i do indeed like like the play style more than smash

i don't see it doing that well in reviews as i'm pretty sure reviewers will nitpick the crap out of this game

people go into the game with the expectation that it plays just like smash... then they get their asses handed to them because for them it doesn't play enough like smash

i can see this being one of the bs reasons behind low scores we'll see when it comes out, another one will be from non-sony fans claiming they don't like the characters ( even though the game isn't intended for them )

etc etc etc

regardless i care very little about review scores personally... if i see something i'm interested in i try it out myself and decide whether its worth my time or not

I fear this as well. I loved the PSAS beta (despite not liking fighting games or ssb), but have a bad feeling it will get reviewed harshly. Really hope I'm wrong, bc so far, with only 6 of 20 characters and only 2 game modes, it has already proven it's an awesome game.

Oh, and I was planning to get PSAS anyways. The beta really impressed me.

I was already on board with this game.

Ok, previously I knew all the characters in the game, now this 2 I don't know.

Good that the DLC is free I hope more comes and with more "all star" characters.

What's up with them adding that Starhawk guy? I mean for Kat, she seems to have built up a pretty good fanbase with her game, but I never hear anyone talk about the Starhawk guy, so it's hard to call him an all-star.

The_Botman said:

What's up with them adding that Starhawk guy? I mean for Kat, she seems to have built up a pretty good fanbase with her game, but I never hear anyone talk about the Starhawk guy, so it's hard to call him an all-star.

Sony wants to sell ore copies of Starhawk

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share