By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming company loyalty is a dying breed. Lines are now blurred.

I only care about 2 quotes:

"I LOVE this company"
Steve Balmer

"I LOVE gaming"
KB VIP of videogame industry

I love every console for what they're worth, thats why I own em all.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
runqvist said:
oniyide said:
man-bear-pig said:
I only own a 360. Ive learnt from these forums that PS3 people nearly all also game on a PC and 360 people usually own Nintendo handhelds.

that makes no sense, most people who consider themselves gamers, have ninty portable of some kind.

I disagree, nintendo handhelds do not offer much for all gamers.

so what do you buy as an alternative portable device? If you dont buy portable devices for gaming. THen fair enough, have a nice day.

You don't have to own a portable console to be a gamer. I have bought 2 portable consoles, game gear and ds. I learned my lesson and will not be buying another one. Well.. if ms makes one... maybe...

RolStoppable said:
Lafiel said:
VGKing said:
Well there are more consoles worth owning than ever before.
There have never been 3 consoles with great library of games before.

I also have the money to buy multiple consoles, but I don't have the time. I chose to stick to one console only this gen.

same here, I could have bought the other consoles long ago, but I don't even have time for all the PS3 titles I own, so there is no need for me buy another console

I respect both of you. (Well, Lafiel considerably more, but that should go without saying.)

oniyide said:

This

You not so much. (Now looking for the English word for "Heuchler".)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I only have a 360 because of lack of some good 3rd party games on Wii so if WiiU gets the key 3rd party games I want then there won't be a reason for me to get a second console. add to that, that I play less and less games every year I won't need a second console also I have a very capable PC that will last me a long time if I ever wanted to play something that is not on WiiU!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

runqvist said:
oniyide said:
runqvist said:
oniyide said:
man-bear-pig said:
I only own a 360. Ive learnt from these forums that PS3 people nearly all also game on a PC and 360 people usually own Nintendo handhelds.

that makes no sense, most people who consider themselves gamers, have ninty portable of some kind.

I disagree, nintendo handhelds do not offer much for all gamers.

so what do you buy as an alternative portable device? If you dont buy portable devices for gaming. THen fair enough, have a nice day.

You don't have to own a portable console to be a gamer. I have bought 2 portable consoles, game gear and ds. I learned my lesson and will not be buying another one. Well.. if ms makes one... maybe...

to each his own, not sure what MS could bring to the portable table, that hasnt been done before by the others and even their own phones/tablets, unless you have to play Halo, Gears, Forza or whatever game they make on the go.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
runqvist said:

to each his own, not sure what MS could bring to the portable table, that hasnt been done before by the others and even their own phones/tablets, unless you have to play Halo, Gears, Forza or whatever game they make on the go.

With those games mentioned alone, ms handheld would bring more to the table than nintendo. If they make it a windows handheld, there could be a lot of pc games easily customized to the console and we would have a winner.

well...there's a part of me stuck in the past that will always have room for nintendo...they are sort of my video game equivalent of a first true love (or at least a cheap crush)...
but these days I like to play the field.
I think (for me) the foriginal PlayStation started the split (and gave me a roving eye) ...each gen since then I've owned a nintendo and sony console (mainly so I can play 1st party nintendo games, and also all the games that don't make it to nintendo consoles). Not really a big fan of 1st party exclusive sony titles though so next gen I'll probably get an xboxwhateveritscalled...as this gen the 360 has struck me as the more impressive console. But who knows?
Basically I think I'm trying to say I'm not that much of a loyalist...I just like (what I perceive to be)good games on whatever system I can afford.

Probably until the Wii there was only one really popular brand of home console, Playstation. Nintendo's growth in popularity has a lot more to do with their handhelds than home consoles. Most Wii fans were Gameboy/DS fans first. Does anyone even really know people who owned Gamecubes? I mean, maybe kids owned them, but certainly many more actual gamers owned Gameboy/DS/Playstation systems.

Most Nintendo/Sega owners were either some sort of socially outcasted gaming enthusiast geek, or a kid who wanted to play games before/after watching cartoons. Console rivalry wasn't really on the table until much more recently. Mostly all of the Nintendo/Sega rivalry was manufactured for marketing purposes.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

runqvist said:
oniyide said:
runqvist said:

With those games mentioned alone, ms handheld would bring more to the table than nintendo. If they make it a windows handheld, there could be a lot of pc games easily customized to the console and we would have a winner.

you are def, in the minority with that one, if im not mistaken it sounds to me like its more you being a fan of MS than not liking portable systems. Nothing wrong with that, i kinda wanna see MS try, because im sure that the Ninty portable would outsell the MS one by a ridiculous margin and the handheld you propose sounds really expensive.