By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Secession can get USA debt-free

Think about it. When all States, except Washington, seceded, they are all debt-free and they can regroup and create a new US of A.

They don't have to pay anyone back of all those trillions of dollars.

Around the Network

At least let Canada secede... they've been wanting independence forever!!

Some of the states who would wish to secede, while being fiscally solvent on a state level, are also some of the greater drains on federal funds (the dirty little secret to how they stay solvent on a state level). So it might help the government in some cases

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Defaulting can also get them debt-free. The fact they aren't doing that shows that the debt isn't their biggest concern.

spurgeonryan said:
I wish canada would just join with us. Dem natural resources!

Why doesn't USA join Canada, we have better benefits :P

Around the Network
Galaki said:

Think about it. When all States, except Washington, seceded, they are all debt-free and they can regroup and create a new US of A.

They don't have to pay anyone back of all those trillions of dollars.

Will not work. Just look at Germany. After the WW1 defeat the German Reich was forced to sign the versaille treaty which blamed the German Reich for everything that happend and forced them to pay alot of money and even 2 "countries" after the German Reich  ( the third Reich and the Federal Republic of Germany) they still had to pay those "debts" etc. Both were actually different countries with different territory.

Another strange thing is  a different China signed the traty with England over HongKong and now communist China got it back?   Makes no sense if anyone should get it back it should have been Taiwan  which  is the real spiritual successor to the China that signed the treaty 100 years ago.

So you see people will always find a way to make you pay or to get back what they think is theirs etc. 

But other than that  would be a cool idea I mean let all those  freedom of speech violaters / NWO shit be in Washington and make a new US of A that is what the constitution wanted it to be.

spurgeonryan said:
Gilgamesh said:
spurgeonryan said:

Would we have to adopt French as our official language? and enjoy watching The Red Green Show?

Well maybe 25% of Canada actually speaks only French so I think you'll be fine with english. And after watching The Red Green show you'd be surprised at what your capable of fixing with duct tape, also it won't cost a years pay check if you get a cold and decide to go to the hospital.

spurgeonryan said:
Gilgamesh said:
spurgeonryan said:
Gilgamesh said:
spurgeonryan said:

Would we have to adopt French as our official language? and enjoy watching The Red Green Show?

Well maybe 25% of Canada actually speaks only French so I think you'll be fine with english. And after watching The Red Green show you'd be surprised at what your capable of fixing with duct tape, also it won't cost a years pay check if you get a cold and decide to go to the hospital.

Have a runny nose? No need for medical doohickies! Just get some duck tape an block the holes!

Broke my wrist a year ago....FIXED FOR FREE :)

Mr Khan said:
Some of the states who would wish to secede, while being fiscally solvent on a state level, are also some of the greater drains on federal funds (the dirty little secret to how they stay solvent on a state level). So it might help the government in some cases

Of course, the bigger problem is... at this point in time, practically all the states are a drain on federal funds.

I mean.... that's what, 12 out of 50 states not even counting pure federal spending?

In all likelihood, if secession occurred (and it wasn't done through force) the states that left would likely be forced to take with them a appropriate portion of the federal debt ...

The only way for the United States to become debt free now is (probably) to default on their debt; which is likely going to happen sooner rather than later. Right now mandatory spending and interest paid on the debt is (roughly) equal to the total tax revenues collected by the Federal government, over the next 10 years will grow far faster than tax revenues, and there is no political will to cut this spending; and the United States is heading for a $500 Billion to $1 Trillion deficit before discretionary spending is taken into account. Even with the introduction of cripling tax increases the United States federal government soon can't cover their manditory spending without a deficit.

In all likelihood, we will be looking at massive deficitis funded through debt monetization leading to hyper inflation over the next decade.