By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Secession can get USA debt-free

JazzB1987 said:
Galaki said:

Think about it. When all States, except Washington, seceded, they are all debt-free and they can regroup and create a new US of A.

They don't have to pay anyone back of all those trillions of dollars.

Will not work. Just look at Germany. After the WW1 defeat the German Reich was forced to sign the versaille treaty which blamed the German Reich for everything that happend and forced them to pay alot of money and even 2 "countries" after the German Reich  ( the third Reich and the Federal Republic of Germany) they still had to pay those "debts" etc. Both were actually different countries with different territory.

Germany never paid those reparations in full, they only paid for a little bit of it. But I guess they more than paid for it, when they lost world war 2 under the nazis and were split under the American and Soviet occupiers afterwards. I guess, It works well in the end, now that they lend money, instead of borrowing it (at least in Europe)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Yeah or they could balance the budget and pay off the debt.

spurgeonryan said:

Would we have to adopt French as our official language? and enjoy watching The Red Green Show?

How one can consider themself a man and not like the Red Green Show is beyond me.  Anyone who who has used duct tape to fix something, temporarily or otherwise, gets that show.

Kasz216 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Gilgamesh said:
spurgeonryan said:
I wish canada would just join with us. Dem natural resources!

Why doesn't USA join Canada, we have better benefits :P

Canada has about 30m people while the use have over 300m.

I don't think you want that many more people in line for a kidney.

A good way to note Canada's size, is that if Canada was part of the US in 2004.   Bush would of still been reelected. (Granted he would of lost if it was 2000.  but still.)

Canada would only be worth about 50 electoral votes.

2004 Election: BUSH 286 vs KERRY 252 = Difference of 34 electorial votes...

...If Canada was worth 50, theres no doubt in my mind that Bush would've lost both the 2000 and the 2004 election (Assuming we joined after 2000 election). Even right leaning Canadians seem far left (For the most part) of the republican party... it would prob be enough to push Kerry over then then required 295 votes...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
kain_kusanagi said:

I wonder what the population per square mile is of both countries. Theres an enourmouse amount of empty space in the USA, but Canada is freaking huge and mostly empty.

US:
33.7/km2 
87.4/sq mi

Canada:
3.41/km2
8.3/sq mi

10% the population, 10% the population density (Roughly) To be fair the majority of this empty space is more than 100km north of the Canadian-US border :P Within 100km the population denisty is much much higher...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits