By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

If you subtract 10 from number 11, you reach where this game is usually acknowledged to be.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
hatmoza said:

38- Part 5 of the franchise.

Hint- This franchise has many iterations, and it's a second timeline to an already popular series which also has many installments.

Mega Man X5 :p

Yep Yep!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

axumblade said:
Mr Khan said:
If you subtract 10 from number 11, you reach where this game is usually acknowledged to be.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?

Yeah. I conceded the effort to make a tough clue for this one, since it's been so widely played

I never owned Ocarina of Time until the GC version w/Master Quest came up, so it loses on the nostalgia points front, and i was introduced to the game so gradually that it also lost the opportunity to really blow me away. The top ten are either games that blew me away, games of surpassing excellence, or games that i happened to buy at just the right time in my younger years that really connected with me (or some combination thereof).

#12. Super Metroid (SNES, VC)

"The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace." Opening with these lines and the creepy music in the background you knew this game was something special. Expending on the concept of the original game, giving us a whole planet to explore and tons of new items this was one hell of an adventure. The gameplay was excellent even if I still have the hardest time successfully doing that damn wall jump. As you progressed through the planet you encountered boss fights against huge enemies (A shoutout goes out to Kraid who's been sadly missing from recent Metroid games) and then you had the final battle with Mother Brain which leads to the heartbreaking conclusion of the game.

Signature goes here!

I'm currently playing Heavenly Sword after someone literally purchased it for me because I refused  to buy or play it over the course of the last five years.

A great game with loveable characters and villains. I always perceived it as a dark game, but it's actually pretty humorous. It will definitely make my top 50 games next year.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

#11 Hint: Wa, WooHoo, YAHOOOOO! (Yes that's a real hint)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

The Sims.

hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The Sims.

Nope.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Super Mario 64

Question for everyone in-thread: What is the game in your top 50 with the lowest metacritic score? Or, if it comes from before the days of metacritic, what game was widely regarded as mediocre or poor by others?

The lowest-ranked game on my list is Yoshi's Story.

oh Mario Galaxy, or some other Mario game.