By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Black Ops 2 review thread

Tagged games:

Black Ops 2, will it fare better with critics than MW3?

Yes 19 54.29%

No 10 28.57%

Not sure 6 17.14%

Total:35

Reviews:

Pressfire.no Campaign review:

• 4/6  
  • PLUS: The story has picked up, carefully orchestrated action scenes, high replay value.
  • MINUS: Too much hand-holding, Tame side missions. 

=======================================================================================

Version  Metacritic  Gamerankings
PC  N/A  N/A 
Xbox 360  N/A   N/A 
Playstation 3  N/A   N/A 
WiiU  N/A   N/A 

For comparison:

MW3:

Version Metacritic Gamerankings
PC 78 (26 reviews) 81.24% (17 reviews)
Xbox 360 88 (81 reviews) 88.36% (66 reviews)
Playstation 3 88 (39 reviews) 88.10% (30 reviews)

Black Ops:

Version Metacritic Gamerankings
PC 81 (29 reviews) 78.19% (21 reviews)
Xbox 360

87 (89 reviews)

87.60% (68 reviews)
Playstation 3 88 (58 reviews) 88.14% (37 reviews)

So, will Black Ops 2 fare better with critics than the past 2 games, or slightly worse? Sound off in the comments below!

Around the Network

It won't fare better with critics but it will be the far superior game. Just look at Black Ops 1 reviews, the fact it has worse reviews than MW3 means critics have Infinity Ward's VIDEOGAMES lodged so far up somewhere that they can't tell their Angry Birds from their Mario.

If anyone care nowegian Pressfire.no gave the singleplayer a 4/6

http://www.pressfire.no/anmeldelser/Xbox360/6098/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-enspiller

melbye said:
If anyone care nowegian Pressfire.no gave the singleplayer a 4/6

http://www.pressfire.no/anmeldelser/Xbox360/6098/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-enspiller

Added, thanks!

Panama said:
It won't fare better with critics but it will be the far superior game. Just look at Black Ops 1 reviews, the fact it has worse reviews than MW3 means critics have Infinity Ward's VIDEOGAMES lodged so far up somewhere that they can't tell their Angry Birds from their Mario.

Their metacritic's are almost exactly the same, and I found MW3 to be a far better game than Black Ops.

Around the Network

brendude13 said:
Panama said:

Their metacritic's are almost exactly the same, and I found MW3 to be a far better game than Black Ops.

I play on PC. Going from dedicated servers to matchmaking is not a pleasant experience.

When the embargo ends?

Gametrailers review is gonna be tomorrow at midnight, but they usually put their reviews late, so...
(they just announced too that Wii U reviews will be up just on launch day)

Panama said:
brendude13 said:
Panama said:

I play on PC. Going from dedicated servers to matchmaking is not a pleasant experience.

The majority of reviewers didn't.