By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony rating lowered to one point above junk status by investors

VGKing said:
tonymarraffa said:
This just keeps getting worse and worse.

Things are actually getting better belive it or not.

How exactly?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Well that didn't take long from the last time

osed125 said:
VGKing said:
tonymarraffa said:

How exactly?

Don't know the specifics. Look at Sony's last quarter results.

VGKing said:
osed125 said:
VGKing said:
tonymarraffa said:

How exactly?

Those results were ok, but it needs to be higher than that in order to turn around Sony's situation, slow but steady I guess. But they still had a net loss during Q2. Too lazy to go in detail, and someone already said it on this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4877072

Nintendo and PC gamer

VGKing said:
osed125 said:
VGKing said:
tonymarraffa said:

How exactly?

Sony had a net loss of about $194 million in Q2, down from $312 million in Q1. So yes, things are getting better for Sony because they nearly cut losses in half in just one quarter. If the trend continues, Sony may return to profitability by 2013 Q3 or Q4.

Around the Network
Chark said:
Adinnieken said:
Chark said:
Adinnieken said:
On the DL, Google is currently in talks to purchase Sony. This will likely help in moving those talks forward.

Isn't that more Google talking and not Sony talking, along with a number of other companies. Sony is way too expensive of a company to purchase and if it is worth purchasing that means the company will turn around. It's making some vital moves right now that could make all the difference in 2013 and beyond.

It doesn't mean that Sony isn't talking, it just means they aren't hearing what they would like to hear.  However, when your back is against the wall, sometimes you don't concern yourself with hearing what you want to hear, but rather just hearing something positive. 

I mean does a person who is unemployed turn down a job for $40,000 / year even if someone normally in that position would make $50,000 or more per year?

Those rumours don't have any substance and I believe someone from Sony commented that it was not happening.

That analogy isn't very good. More like someone who owns a store, a really big store that shifts a lot of products. But ended up buying too much inventory in things people weren't buying much of, causing the store to have spent more money then it made. So while fixing that problem by reducing bad inventory a guy comes into the store and tries to buy it at a low cost because the store hasn't been making money recently. That store owner isn't going to sell his high revenue business at an undervalued price because of an inventory mistake he is currently fixing.

Reduce expenses to allow the revenue to generate profit, don't sell it at an all time low.

Hmmm...I think a better analogy is that it's more like a large ship, carrying over 3,000 people, steaming as fast as possible to port through the Northern Atlantic into an ice field, it hits an iceberg and begins taking on water.  Now, the fanboys...err...crew believe the hype that it's an unsinkable ship.  The rest of us are on the California steaming back to port and Google is the RMS Carpathia, there to rescue what's left of the RMS Titanic and her crew.

VGKing said:
osed125 said:
VGKing said:
tonymarraffa said:

How exactly?

A net loss of 198 million just means they slowed the bleeding. But the conversion rate, especially Euros, will always bring losses when converted into yen. Thats something Sony can't change at all.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I guess ms could help sony out with some cash. Maybe for some studios.. maybe more.

runqvist said:
I guess ms could help sony out with some cash. Maybe for some studios.. maybe more.

XPSBox. Believe.

Bad news for Sony.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.