By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A first: Obama-Romney tie in Dixville Notch ~ So it begins!

I predict a close obama win. probably 51% to %49 in the popular vote. He'll win just enough swing states,to pull it out.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
I predict a close obama win. probably 51% to %49 in the popular vote. He'll win just enough swing states,to pull it out.

I actually think there's a chance Obama will win with the electoral vote but not the popular vote. 

This has to do with Sandy and the North East. The hurricane may have lowered voter turn-out, but the states will go to Obama anyways. Obama also has a slight edge over Romney in a lot of other states, so Romney is receiving a very similar popular vote in them. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Maybe this is just me, but it has always seemed wrong that the results were broadcast while the election is still happening. I can totally see people being swayed to just not vote because they see that their candidate is winning/losing by the afternoon.

It just seems better to wait until the end so that no one is affected by these early reports

OT: Yeah I think this is going to be a close race

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
Maybe this is just me, but it has always seemed wrong that the results were broadcast while the election is still happening. I can totally see people being swayed to just not vote because they see that their candidate is winning/losing by the afternoon.

It just seems better to wait until the end so that no one is affected by these early reports

The vote in New Hampshire is an absolute anomaly, and if anything else, a novelty. Only about 50 votes were cast.

The real crime is when election results are posted in states that still have voting going on. Florida was real bad about that in 2000 for Bush v. Gore.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
JOKA_ said:

The vote in New Hampshire is an absolute anomaly, and if anything else, a novelty. Only about 50 votes were cast.

The real crime is when election results are posted in states that still have voting going on. Florida was real bad about that in 2000 for Bush v. Gore.

I remember that.  haha.  some people were really pissed.

Didn't they call it for Gore early?  I believe it was channel 4 news that did it first and everyone else just copied.  

Around the Network

If Gore had won. I think the World may just be a better place right now.
Similarly, I hope Barack Obama wins.

It will be very close though. I would hope Obama wins electoral college, but he won't win Popular vote

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

2 billion dollars spent and the first results are 5 votes all. lol C'mon Obama!

I was right. I was pretty close in my prediction,on the popular vote.