By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:
OMG. If anyone one wants to see the ultimate rub it in your face from Rachel Maddow, here it is:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49736294

She is brutal.

ugh, this is why I can't watch msnbc or Fox news.  The in your face partisan take on news just irritates the crap out of me.  I would rather they report the news and let me have my own opinions.  Thats why if I am going to watch a channel, it is generally CNN.

Also, on a side note.  I don't know if you have been watching the Show Go On on NBC, But Rachel Maddow does look a lot like mathew perry...

I do not watch MSNBC. Watched CNN my whole life. Assuming you watch it all it just gets worse and worse. In this case, I do agree with her in this case because she only states facts.

No, she doesnt just state facts, she has some misleading information and some straight up untrue statements as well. 

She is a big reason why MSNBC statistically had the least balanced coverage of the entire election.

Which is a pretty damn hard feat to accomplish when you share a medium with Fox News.

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_report/winning_media_campaign_2012

Chris Matthews doesn't help either... he said he was glad Hurrricane Sandy hit because it helped Obama get elected.  I mean that's true... but you don't say that.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:
OMG. If anyone one wants to see the ultimate rub it in your face from Rachel Maddow, here it is:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49736294

She is brutal.

ugh, this is why I can't watch msnbc or Fox news.  The in your face partisan take on news just irritates the crap out of me.  I would rather they report the news and let me have my own opinions.  Thats why if I am going to watch a channel, it is generally CNN.

Also, on a side note.  I don't know if you have been watching the Show Go On on NBC, But Rachel Maddow does look a lot like mathew perry...

I do not watch MSNBC. Watched CNN my whole life. Assuming you watch it all it just gets worse and worse. In this case, I do agree with her in this case because she only states facts.

No, she doesnt just state facts, she has some misleading information and some straight up untrue statements as well. 

Poor choice of words, during the long parts about democrats gains in government she was stating facts. Other stuff in the beginning is just viewpoints. They just happen to be viewpoints I agree with.

Kasz216 said:
Obama came in with the same Keynesian

I never figured you for a racist, Kasz.

noname2200 said:
Wagram said:
noname2200 said:
Wait, since when did Obama lose the popular vote, let alone by "a lot"?

As it currently stands:

Popular Vote 50% / 60,085,524 Obama
Popular Vote 48% / 57,401,992 Romney
Don't know what Trump is talking about.

That was my understanding as well. It's not exactly a landslide, but it's still a majority of the total votes, let alone any individual candidate's votes.

Trump was tweeting when Obama passed the 270 electoral college votes to win the election, but Romney was ahead in the popular vote at that point. So he tweeted those crazy things straight away, instead of waiting for the final results. Major states like California (a big democrat state) still didn't finish counting when he tweeted that. 

What a way to embarass the republicans further!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Well, on the bright side, Jim Matheson did win his house race agains Mia Love. That was the whole reason I voted, I feel like I accomplished something!

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Well, on the bright side, Jim Matheson did win his house race agains Mia Love. That was the whole reason I voted, I feel like I accomplished something!

Why? I didn't really follow the race too closely, but I was pretty jazzed to see a politician who cited Bastiat as an influence. Was surprised Love lost given all the buzz around her.

badgenome said:
gergroy said:

Why? I didn't really follow the race too closely, but I was pretty jazzed to see a politician who cited Bastiat as an influence. Was surprised Love lost given all the buzz around her.

Well, Jim Matheson has always been one of those politicians that doesnt dance around the tough issues and has done a good job of representing utah.  He is one of the few politicians in washington that pushes for bipartisan agreements.  Mia Love was positioning herself as a far right tea party kind of candidate.  Saying stuff like she wanted get rid of the department of education which as a teacher automatically put her on my crap list.  She also ran a pretty dirty campaign that focused on a misrepresentation of jim mathesons views.

Mia Love did have a lot of hype going in, and she could have had the potential to be a republican superstar, but I dont think she would do a better job then Jim Matheson.  If she wants to run for a different office in the future, I might give her another shot, but Jim Matheson was the better candidate.

gergroy said:
badgenome said:
gergroy said:

Well, Jim Matheson has always been one of those politicians that doesnt dance around the tough issues and has done a good job of representing utah.  He is one of the few politicians in washington that pushes for bipartisan agreements.  Mia Love was positioning herself as a far right tea party kind of candidate.  Saying stuff like she wanted get rid of the department of education which as a teacher automatically put her on my crap list.  She also ran a pretty dirty campaign that focused on a misrepresentation of jim mathesons views.

Mia Love did have a lot of hype going in, and she could have had the potential to be a republican superstar, but I dont think she would do a better job then Jim Matheson.  If she wants to run for a different office in the future, I might give her another shot, but Jim Matheson was the better candidate.

Why does getting rid of the department of education bug you as a teacher?   As far as i can tell they do nothing but get in teachers way.  Cutting it and sending money directly to the states seems like it'd be a lot less of a hassle.

Kasz216 said:
gergroy said:
badgenome said:
gergroy said:

Why does getting rid of the department of education bug you as a teacher?   As far as i can tell they do nothing but get in teachers way.  Cutting it and sending money directly to the states seems like it'd be a lot less of a hassle.

It may be different in other states, but here in utah all the stupid education decisions come from the state.  If they gave the money back to the state, utah would probably do something dumb like cut out special education to save money.  The teachers are very weak in this state and would lose out if the money was sent back.

gergroy said:
Kasz216 said:
gergroy said:
badgenome said:
gergroy said:

It may be different in other states, but here in utah all the stupid education decisions come from the state.  If they gave the money back to the state, utah would probably do something dumb like cut out special education to save money.  The teachers are very weak in this state and would lose out if the money was sent back.

How strange.  Espeically since Utah is one of the top states in the country when it comes to Education.