By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Respected" members on this site acting like fanboys on N4G.

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

Yes, because that's not enough of a reason to discredit what someone says. If someone can talk sense here but not over there, it shouldn't matter. Some people just want to vent on N4G, and keep their more sensible posts in here.

It does matter, especially in those cases where people pretend to be levelheaded, unbiased, objective etc.

I don't think turkish pretends to be any of those though. I'm just saying yelling at someone constantly because of something that isn't related to this website should not be allowed. 

That just made me chuckle.

Around the Network
pezus said:

"In general try to treat other users with respect and courtesy."

"Try", no strict rule on having to be nice. If there were some people would be permabanned a long time ago.

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

Yes, because that's not enough of a reason to discredit what someone says. If someone can talk sense here but not over there, it shouldn't matter. Some people just want to vent on N4G, and keep their more sensible posts in here.

It does matter, especially in those cases where people pretend to be levelheaded, unbiased, objective etc.

this

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't think turkish pretends to be any of those though. I'm just saying yelling at someone constantly because of something that isn't related to this website should not be allowed. 

You are wrong then. The very reason why some people have a problem with Turkish is because he is heavily biased, but tries to play the innocent lamb card.

Are you saying he pretends to be platform-agnostic here, but goes on Sony fanboy tirades elsewhere? Is there a link?

kowenicki said:
Those Turkish reviews on metacritic. O.O

How very embarrassing and utterly juvenile.

Not surprising I guess. But I am surprised he can show his face her after that. Am I allowed to belittle his every post on the back of that evidence? Surely I am? He is what he is.

...that already happens in general

and i'm quite sure that you yourself have done it numerous times

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
kowenicki said:

Not surprising I guess. But I am surprised he can show his face her after that. Am I allowed to belittle his every post on the back of that evidence? Surely I am? He is what he is.

It's his own fault, with the BS he posts everywhere, why would anyone respect a person like that?

miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
kowenicki said:

It's his own fault, with the BS he posts everywhere, why would anyone respect a person like that?

i'm not denying that its his fault, what i take issue with is pretending that people haven't already been ridiculing him

i've actually seen specific people target him repeatedly following him from thread to thread but thats another story

there's a difference between lacking respect for someone and actively attacking them because they make posts or have an agenda that you dislike

imo the very reason sites like these have a mod team is for situations where you think someone has gone too far and deserves to be reprimanded, you aren't suppose to become an internet vigilanty taking matters into your own hand

btw i personally consider guys like fattydingdong, sales2099 etc to be on the same level but i don't think they suffer persecution to the same extent

kowenicki said:
o_O.Q said:
miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
kowenicki said:

i'm not denying that its his fault, what i take issue with is pretending that people haven't already been ridiculing him

i've actually seen specific people target him repeatedly following him from thread to thread but thats another story

there's a difference between lacking respect for someone and actively attacking them because they make posts or have an agenda that you dislike

imo the very reason sites like these have a mod team is for situations where you think someone has gone too far and deserves to be reprimanded, you aren't suppose to become an internet vigilanty taking matters into your own hand

btw i personally consider guys like fattydingdong, sales2099 etc to be on the same level but i don't think they suffer persecution to the same extent

yeah... they do actually.

not on the same level imo

o_O.Q said:
kowenicki said:
o_O.Q said:

yeah... they do actually.

not on the same level imo

You are wrong, imo.

Fair point Mr Khan.