By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pew: MSNBC more negative than Fox News (Plus lots of other interesting data).

Some interesting datapoints in here in general.  Posting the graphs for now.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/11/pew-msnbc-more-negative-than-fox-148088.html

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_report/winning_media_campaign_2012

Around the Network

Everyone knows MSNBC cater to the far left and FOX cater to the far right.

bonkers1978 said:

Yeah, but it's interesting to see such biases in data form... and vs the national averages.

For example, for every 1 positive story MSNBC had about Romney.  Your average other news station had 5 postive stories.

While for every 1 positive obama story by Fox.  Your average other station had 3 positive Obama stories.

Oh and as for CNN.

On CNN, 18% of the stories about Obama were positive compared to 21% negative, a mixed narrative.

In Romney's case, negative stories (36%) outnumbered positive (11%) by more than 3-to-1.

ueah, MSNBC have been hammering Romney hard as of late, but in my opinion it's a little warranted, those false Teledo, OH car ads, the president likes Castro/Chavez ads.

Mitt Romney's bringing mudslinging to a whole new level

Around the Network

I never watch any political news television. It annoys me beyond belief. But my homepage is CNN and it seems fair. For "fun" every once in a while I will visit the fox news website... and then shower. And that's from someone who votes republican.

bonkers1978 said:

You would be surprised how many people dont know that.  I have arguments on here all the time with people trying to say one or the other of those news stations arent biased.

Kind of interesting. I think the coverage pre and post-first debate is actually more interesting, as it shows how the media tends to follow public trends in support for the candidates. Point blank, the more popular support a candidate has, the more likely they are to portray the candidate positively and vice versa.

GameOver22 said:

Kind of interesting. I think the coverage pre and post-first debate is actually more interesting, as it shows how the media tends to follow public trends in support for the candidates. Point blank, the more popular support a candidate has, the more likely they are to portray the candidate positively and vice versa.

Yeah, I wish they would of taken out the "Horse race" data to see how much of that is due to the horse race effect and how much favorability is just effected by winning.  Maybe that's in the full report though.

Rachel Maddows is the worst.