By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW up 27th OCtober

pezus said:

Can someone explain the huge 360 boost in Europe this week? 50% in Germany, 53% in UK, 32% in France compared to 27/22/15 for PS3...

And don't tell me it's because of Forza, because it didn't sell much at all in Germany and was not released in France even, and not a significant amount in UK either

at least in germany, advertising is now much more. what confuses me is that sony and ms are advertising games which implies it is exclusive (sony does this for ac3 and did for fifa, ms for blops2).

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:
This might be the year the 360's big holiday push cannot overtake the PS3. We need Seece for the drama.

If I remeber 360 big holiday just overtack PS3 last year... that's about 360 sells better in holiday than PS3 is just a myth.

The reason for that happened last year was Kinect.

it will happen again this year.

Kinect is still here and strong, people will buy Kinect this time of the year and you know the reason why.

360 is going to win holiday once again.

I don't know so I can't disagree with you.

I'm just saying "360 sells better on holidays" is a myth... PS3 sold better in 2009 and 2010 in holidays than 360... 360 sold more in 2011... so why people here talks like 360 always sells better on Holidays.

I think it sells better in US only.

jonnybmk said:
paulao said:
3ds only won in Japan

Vita only lost everywhere.

*like*

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Farming Simulator 2013 - 216,338

LOL looks like the Germans were hyped for this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:
This might be the year the 360's big holiday push cannot overtake the PS3. We need Seece for the drama.

If I remeber 360 big holiday just overtack PS3 last year... that's about 360 sells better in holiday than PS3 is just a myth.

yes, the reason for 360 selling better than PS3 is kinect, but it still has sold better in the holidays than the ps3 and it will most probably do the same this year. look at the spike in sales in the USA for the 360 in the last couple of weeks and compare them to the spike the ps3 had. that gap will only increase. the usa is the biggest region affected by the holiday and sales there increase the most, its why the 360 wins the holidays because usa prefers the 360. also the holidays is a time when the "casuals" usually shop the most and its the reason why kinect sells mostly in that time of the year. either way i predict the 360 to outsell the ps3 starting next week or when halo releases. ps3 has just got 2 exclusives this year and they both are looking like they wont sell much. in my opinion LBP karting should have released this week to give the ps3 a boost before halo releases, not release it the same week as halo, halo will destroy it 

Around the Network
pezus said:

Can someone explain the huge 360 boost in Europe this week? 50% in Germany, 53% in UK, 32% in France compared to 27/22/15 for PS3...

And don't tell me it's because of Forza, because it didn't sell much at all in Germany and was not released in France even, and not a significant amount in UK either

I do agree, It really didnt make sense. Nothing happening there to have such a push. It could be like almost every year where 360 is adjusted down post holiday season. Europe is mostly owned by PS3 except for UK.

ethomaz said:
Argh_College said:
ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:

Kinect is still here and strong, people will buy Kinect this time of the year and you know the reason why.

I'm just saying "360 sells better on holidays" is a myth... PS3 sold better in 2009 and 2010 in holidays than 360... 360 sold more in 2011... so why people here talks like 360 always sells better on Holidays.

I think 2010 was a "tie" based on their quarterly numbers for the holiday season. And regarding this holiday stuff I think people base it on the last couple holidays and momentum.

Psvita got a positive boost in US,UK and France. How come it that it got a negative boost in Germany?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Looks like the 50 dollar price cut for X360 did the trick.

ethomaz said:
Argh_College said:
ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:

im not sure but i think 360 won 2010 holidays.

Again im not sure this is just 1 week but one of the most important :

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40531/Global/