By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY2012 Earnings Announcement * $198m loss, 3.5m PS3 + PS2, 1.6m PSV + PSP *

Tagged games:

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
im just baffled with the ps2 shipments. will it ever stop selling?

It's cheap and easily piratable with a large library of games. I can see it selling countries like China for a while. Just a guess though.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
lol @ combining PS2/PS3 and Vita/PSP.

Maybe for Q3 we'll just see a combined PS1/PS2/PS3/Vita/PSP number.

Absolutely ridiculous, and it's not like that's going to give shareholders a warm feeling.

Fair enough for idiot fanboys who are too stupid to understand but shareholders will know too well what game Sony persisits in playing. The whole idea of these announcments is for transparency and clarity.

Combining numbers like that is downright dishonest and doesn't benefit anyone, not even Sony. Because like it or not, when it comes to investing money - it's a slightly different thought process to "investing" in a games console, it's just insulting and further shows how out of touch Sony is to think that they can pull crap like that, as they have been since god knows when in terms of combing numbers for these reports.

Soundwave said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

It's cheap and easily piratable with a large library of games. I can see it selling countries like China for a while. Just a guess though.

Games consoles are banned in China.

What Sony has done is amazing, almost same shipments as 360 with a 1-1 1/2 year head start for 360.

fillet said:
Soundwave said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Games consoles are banned in China.

The PS3 was just certified in China. There is a chance they are loosening their console ban...maybe. I mean, those knock off products aren't cutting it over there.

http://updates.kotaku.com/post/34751984593/the-ps3-gets-certified-in-china-which-might-mean-no

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:

The PS3 was just certified in China. There is a chance they are loosening their console ban...maybe. I mean, those knock off products aren't cutting it over there.

http://updates.kotaku.com/post/34751984593/the-ps3-gets-certified-in-china-which-might-mean-no

wow, if they release it in china it might overtake both wii+360 sales combined ...

and thas only for china without the sales 'worldwide' ...

kowenicki said:
Share price dropped 5% overnight in Japan.

Dropped 5% after the japanese markets closed and before they released the earnings, the shares were up in the US session and in Japan session today...

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
I think the PS3 has already surpassed the 360 in shipments.

No way but it's close... 1 million or less.

When do we expect it to overtake 360? I'm betting around their new FY. Somewhere april.

Turkish said:
ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
I think the PS3 has already surpassed the 360 in shipments.

No way but it's close... 1 million or less.

When do we expect it to overtake 360? I'm betting around their new FY. Somewhere april.

Let's say something crazy. Like 360 will take a back seat in sales this holiday as a result of market saturation and Halo 4 purchasers already owning the system and the new PS3 does well. This holiday season PS3 passes 360.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:

Let's say something crazy. Like 360 will take a back seat in sales this holiday as a result of market saturation and Halo 4 purchasers already owning the system and the new PS3 does well. This holiday season PS3 passes 360.

assuming ms is doing nothing this might even happen. but i dont think ms will do nothing ...

I think they will sell the console for quite a loss (heavy bundleing and $100 gift cards) over the holidays and another big banwave.
and maybe pressing the remote rrod button (just kidding)