By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Review Thread! Embargo Lifts on Thurdays 1st November!

These reviews are just getting out of hand, but i do have a feeling this might be the worst mainline halo game to date, still a great game regardless i just believe bungie did this game justice and a new developer was never going to match them.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
These reviews are just getting out of hand, but i do have a feeling this might be the worst mainline halo game to date, still a great game regardless i just believe bungie did this game justice and a new developer was never going to match them.

Based on having not even played it for 1 minute?

fillet said:
007BondAgent said:

Based on having not even played it for 1 minute?

No, just basing this from reviews, reach did better then 4 in mostly every site, and even if you take away the troll reviews it would only be 90.

normally when people troll by giving reviews, they review it 3-4 points lower than the metacritic average (unless the game generally is just mixed).

But this is a bit weird.

However, I think there is a fine line of not liking something popular, and trolling. If you describe the mechanics and why you don't like them, I don't see how that doesn't justify a score. For instance some people don't like deus ex mechanics and they will score it lower. Etc.

it's not like jim sterling hasn't done this like 20 times before to other games...

http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/halo-4-review/#

according to reviewer

I'm not sure how they've done it, but there's no other game I have seen on the Xbox 360 that has this level of detail graphically in both the campaign and the multiplayer - you could easily think it was an entry next-gen game, it is THAT outstanding to look at. The amount of times I was killed online just for looking at the scenery haha

Around the Network

MLG players and competitive people already said this is the best competitive Halo after Halo 2 so i believe them.

I dont beleive Revierws, they are usually very casual people or noobfriendly guys that play 100 games per year to review its obvious they cant be good at gaming.

Proclus said:
No fucking sense was made, 2/10 should be reserved to broken & unplayable or extremely unfinished games, Halo 4 is obviously neither.

I could no agree more.

AC3, Resi 6 and even Halo 4 are being smashed by crappy reviewers,,,

i Hope Hitman doesnt get smashed aswell or Black Ops 2 since im looking forward those games.

Argh_College said:

i Hope Hitman doesnt get smashed aswell or Black Ops 2 since im looking forward those games.

Seriously though, will you look forward to them any less if they do get shit on?

This whole review thing is entertaining to watch but who are these reviews really for. It seems like the main purpose they serve is to either make people happy or mad. I'm guessing that most of the people who actually use reviews to make a decision are in the minority.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
Argh_College said:

Seriously though, will you look forward to them any less if they do get shit on?

This whole review thing is entertaining to watch but who are these reviews really for. It seems like the main purpose they serve is to either make people happy or mad. I'm guessing that most of the people who actually use reviews to make a decision are in the minority.

i will buy them either way... Reviewers like those stupid sites of tom click dont matter nobody sees that sh** but if IGN or Gamestop give those games bad grades many people wont buy and i really hope Hitman does well since its a series i really liked in the past.