By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet Karting

Tagged games:

Is LBP Karting a clone?

Yes, of Modnation 26 50.98%

Yes, of Mariokart 16 31.37%

I've never heard of this game... 9 17.65%

Total:51

So this game is a week away from release and I have yet to see anyone care about it. So what's your opinion on it? Is it a super flop or a hidden gem?

Around the Network

Not that fun. All the characters are the same when you think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Beta left me disappointed. Won't be buying the game day one anymore. Will buy the game at some point though, seeing as I love LittleBigPlanet & enjoyed Modnation a lot.

Signalstar said:
Not that fun. All the characters are the same when you think about it.

I'll have to hope custom levels fix that.

Anyway here's the most recent ad.

I forgot it was even coming out! This is bad. I've seen Need for Speed ads, Assassins creed 3 + Liberation, but not this yet. Hmmm maybe Sonys going to bundle it massively with All Stars. Maybe. Or maybe it will be a Starhawk and Sorcery and Twisted Metal Style flop.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Around the Network

well i seen gameplay, looks good to me, but then i saw a video of the track editor and i was blown away. that thing is wicked!! making tracks looks like more fun than the game itself, im kinda limited on cash right now and if i want to buy a game at the moment it will be dishonored. but im defiantly gonna pick this up at some point

I'm a big LBP fan, and sadly I'm giving this one a miss....for now! I played the beta and first impressions were really good. Then the more I played it the more I started to get annoyed at certain things. For one, the speed of karts really annoyed me, they just seemed way too slow! Even when I boosted I felt that the speed increase was minimal, and didn't have that big effect on the race.

Two, it was a little too difficult. The LBP franchise is one of my favorites for playing with my little sister, we have a blast playing them. Sadly she found the karting in this a little too challenging, which really annoyed me because this was a game I was hoping me and her could spend some time together playing.

I will eventually get this game, but for now I'll have to side with Sonic All-Starts Racing: Transformed.

LBP is a one hit wonder and the reason it is has to do with OG LBPbeing so massively hyped it became the number 1 reason why it was bought. LBP2 is alittle over half the sales of original. Half of the buyers did not return. LBP has been on decline and I definitely see bomb in retrospect to the series and average in world view. SONY has not pushed this at all only adds to the troubles.

I will buy it as I love LBP.. But not at launch.. I have no money's :(

Xxain said:
LBP is a one hit wonder and the reason it is has to do with OG LBPbeing so massively hyped it became the number 1 reason why it was bought. LBP2 is alittle over half the sales of original. Half of the buyers did not return. LBP has been on decline and I definitely see bomb in retrospect to the series and average in world view. SONY has not pushed this at all only adds to the troubles.

A lot of LBP 1's sales came from being a Christmas release, however LBP2 didn't have that, but it still had respectable sales.

I'll be getting LBP Karting for Christmas, the house has gotten bored of Mario Kart and we love LBP, so its a natural fit :)