By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY is worse than "disaster"

Do you think Sony should give up?

Yes 65 36.72%

No 87 49.15%

Not sure 8 4.52%

see results 17 9.60%

Total:177

The PS3 is a failed, misguided piece of consumer electronics. Sony has no idea what they're doing. Their online service is a joke, they have let go of all their valuable exclusive deals from the previous generation and have decided to waste money supporting pointless 'indie' games like Flower, Nobi Nobi boy and other crap. They priced their console too high iniitally, and since then have lagged in 3rd place behind Nintendo and Microsoft and have done nothing useful to catch up. They like to talk about how the PS3 is technically the most powerful system of this generation, but that's completely irrelevent when the vast, vast majority of multi-platform games (which are the vast majority of must-play titles) look and play better on the 360. 

I'm just wondering how can these ps3 fans still support Sony? I mean think about it people, Sony hasn't even released a single decent game this gen.  Uncharted 1,2,3 were all garbage(in my opinion).. Resistance/Killzone/LittleBigPlanet were all major failures  GT5 was a flop compared to the 360's FORZA.  I think Sony should just give up already... They are living in the past..

BTW, I am not a 360 fanboy or a Sony hater. I just wanna point out the facts. This is a serious topic. Let's have a serious discussion people. I haven't seen anyone bringing this up yet. 

PS, I do own a PS3 and it took me 1.5 hours to download and install the latest update. And it usually takes me 3 minutes on Xbox.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I have played about 6 hrs total of PS3, but I still know everything you just said is wrong. Oh so..so...so..wrong.

I will say that I have not seen a proper exclusive in a while though.

No one will disagree with that statement.

spurgeonryan said:
What was the last one? All I see is multiplates with the 360. 360 is getting Halo 4 at least. What is PS3 getting or have they got recently? Tales something?

Halo 4 will be the best selling exclusive game on the 360. 

we get it you hate the PS3, now get over yourself cause plenty of us like it and don't care about your sad rant.

I can not say much to defend Sony, as I do not know to much about them. But I do own a PS3, and it has decent 3rd party support, with alot of B- Exclusives. Its a solid system, and very enjoyable at times :)
sure, Sony isn't the top dog they once were, but they still have a great game division.

Around the Network

,,,It's funny that the 8 people who have voted they shouldn't....must be taking this thread seriously :p ...which says a lot ;)

I see someone hasn't changed...

That was amusing to read though

fillet said:
,,,It's funny that the 8 people who have voted they shouldn't....must be taking this thread seriously :p ...which says a lot ;)

All that shows is that people answered the question. It doesn't mean they're taking the entire thread seriously. Most people probably vote before they even read the OP.

Dude, you just said that GT5 is a "flop" compared to Microsofts Forza. You say you aren't a fan boy and only talk about facts. I mean, obviously all you speak is bullshit. Lets look at facts for a second shall we? Okay!

Metacritic (Critic/User)
---------
Forza 4 - 9.1 / 7.9
GT5 - 8.4 / 7.5

And GT5 pissed people off standard models and other things that didn't effect gameplay. Also the lack of a test track in the early build, and all that jazz. Even with these bad impressions on the faithful, it still scored well.

Now let us look into the game being a "flop", which means SALES...

Froza 4 - 2.5m units sold
GT5 - 8.0m units sold

SO WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You put this glaring BS into perspective, you get to see you're so full of turd and a MS fanboy attacking Sony. Come on man. You attack Uncharted, to even say that they aren't good games makes it apparent you haven't played them. Even people who don't really like that style of game appreciates it, and admits it's a fantastic game for the genre. Are you aware how highly rated Uncharted 2 and 3 are? better than Halo's... Gears... And the list goes on!

I hate fanboys so much, but more so the ones that say they aren't fanboys but attack one console products no matter how flawed their arguments are.

Jay520 said:
I see someone hasn't changed...

That was amusing to read though

Come on now Jay, why don't you ever have anything nice to say when commenting on my threads. I stated that this was a serious topic i am being serious and these are just my opinion. If you dont agree just say so..