By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF fans rise to ask for Type-0 localization. JOIN NOW!

Tagged games:

Do YOU want Final Fantasy Type-0?

Yes 85 89.47%

No 5 5.26%

I like dogs (especially when they sleep) 4 4.21%

Total:94

-psp is dead in the west so a vita version is the only option

-the vita is not doing well and it has been less than a year since its release which explains the delay

-Dissidia & Crisis Core should also get HD vita ports

-sony is screwing its traditional fans and instead of a huge system seller they are focusing on knock off versions of Assassin's and CoD.

Around the Network

Given FF3 got released on PSN, i dont see why they cant do the same thing with Type zero.

Porting it on the Vita will just doom it to failure. Porting it to the 3DS might be a good idea.

But this petition is for a localization of the PSP version and im all up for that.

NiKKoM said:
I wish SE would port it to their main handheld.. the iPhone.

me too, that way I don't have to buy a vita :P.

Nem said:

Porting it on the Vita will just doom it to failure

No. Why ?

Because Final Fantasy is what you call a system seller.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Nem said:

No. Why ?

Because its already been released on the PSP in Japan. It will make little difference there, and thats the main market for the game.

Releasing it on PSN for both PSP and Vita is what would make sense in my view. They did that with FF3 recently.

Around the Network

They're to busy making FFXIII-3 and more Lightning spin-offs.. Those cunts...

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ryuzaki57 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
What gives? It's unusual for SE not to localize a FF title.

Then tell me which FF title hasn't come to us.

I said it's strange that they're not bringing this over.

Nem said:
Nem said:

No. Why ?

Because its already been released on the PSP in Japan. It will make little difference there, and thats the main market for the game.

Releasing it on PSN for both PSP and Vita is what would make sense in my view. They did that with FF3 recently.

Not really, FF is as strong in Japan as it is in the west. And an augmented Vita version like "Type-0 the Golden" or something will make people even in japan consider it again. PS2's Persona 4 (2008) was stronger in japan than in the US and it still pushed good numbers (and consoles) in Japan.

Square Enix just doesn't care what people want anymore.
Why they are releasing XIII-3 is beyond me. If they wanted to kill Final Fantasy why not just stop releasing games altogether? It would be cheaper.

Not really, FF is as strong in Japan as it is in the west. And an augmented Vita version like "Type-0 the Golden" or something will make people even in japan consider it again. PS2's Persona 4 (2008) was stronger in japan than in the US and it still pushed good numbers (and consoles) in Japan.

You're missing the point here.  Type-0 is available on PSN in Japan and supports dual analogue control.  What would an enhanced version do?  Slightly improved graphics and touch controls?  That's not going to draw many people in.  Japanese people who want Type-0 will either:

a) Buy it on UMD

b) Already have it on UMD and use the passport program to put it on Vita

c) Buy it on PSN for PSP/Vita.

They'd have to add a lot more perks for it to be a worthy buy over there, in my opinion of course.  Maybe it would be like Monster Hunter where they added negligable differences and it still sold like hot-cakes, but somehow I doubt it.

Alternatively, they could go the Persona route and add a lot of features.  And that may make it sell.  

But I have to say, your P4G comparison isn't just.  That game was 4 years old, not 1, and available only on PS2, not handhelds.  I'm sure you know as well as I do that Japanese gamers prefer handhelds to home consoles, so it was a bigger deal that an enhanced Vita port was coming.  I don't see many ways an enhanced Vita port of Type-0 would do anything like Persona's numbers (which still aren't excessively high anyway), simply because it's so easily available on the system.

So that leaves the west.  They could do an enchanced Vita port and I'm sure that would sell well.  Alternatively, they could put minimum effort in and release it translated on PSN.  Probably wouldn't sell as well, but wouldn't cost as much to make either.  So their options are pretty much limited is the way I see it.