By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - By looking at gaming’s past we can see Nintendos future: Why they will dominate this gen

The Wii U should be a success as long as it truely caters for both core and casual for the life of the system. I want to see casual and core games at the top of the sales charts for years to come. Then it will be a success.

Around the Network
SunofKratos said:
So the past have showed us that they will not dominate if we take the game cube and n64 for an example.

And even when the Wii u is many launch titles i only can see two which drive hardware sales right now.

Super Mario Bros Wii U andmonster Hunter for Japan.

Many games at launch doesnt mean big sales. The vita has showed us that. The vita have more than 20 games on launch and it only managed to sell good the first 2 or 3 weeks. It dioesnt depend if you have 20 ported games it depend if you have 3 or 4 killer ips on your sleeve.

So in the end wait for the first year of sales before you talk from domination.

New Super Mario Bros. U, NintendoLand, ZombiU and Monster Hunter Ultimate for Japan.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

theprof00 said:
@squill
The wii launched at 249 with a 20$ game and one remote.
The wiiu is 329 with a game and likely past Nintendo pwners have wiimotes.
Id say the price is comparable for past owners, and for new owners 70$ more with a tablet. All they keed for casuals is a jew wiifit really.

Wii Sports was highly compelling software. I wouldn't write it off as a 'mere' $20 game, look for instance at Minecraft which supplanted MW3 as the highest played Xbox Live game.

$249 with Wii Sports plus Wii Play $50 plus another game? 3 titles, two controllers for $349 for instance Mario Kart or NSMB. No console gave you two great local multiplayer titles plus another average one for that little at launch. It was an incredible value proposition and it is the kind of deal which caused the Wii to become viral because once people were exposed they caught the Wii bug.

For $349 you can walk out with a Wii U with a far less compelling title (forgot the packin) or $299 without. You'd have to pay minimum $399 and you'd only have one title with an extra controller which isn't the same as the Wii Pad (Pro). Whilst the console will sell well to the initial people who will buy it simply because A. It is the first next generation console and B. Because it is a Wii and C. Because it is made by Nintendo. This doesn't show the console as a repeat of the Wii. Before the Wii launched we had people lining up to find out about it whereas now the news media barely paid any attention to it.

Tease.

Ninty has the casual audience is no argumnet for me since Microsoft and Sony will also have those audience. Those audience will be splittet up between the three.

Andf if we asume sales predictions by gaming past than sony should have won this gen easily. But it dont happened.

Nothing against your opinion but its a little ridicoulus thinking that someone will dominate without knowing what the competition has to offer ( launch games, launch price, kinect 2.0, Eye Toy Cam 2.0 etc, hiow heavy do they advertise there plattform etc).

So ninty has the ninty fans- but so have the N64 and Game Cube ( Those two plattforms also had there Mario Kart, Super mario and so on)
Ninty has the casula audience- but so have Microsoft and Sony right now and they willlikely expand this audience too with things like Kinect 2.0 and maybe Eye Toy Cam 2.0
Ninty has the hardcore audience with Wii U but so have Microsoft and Sony. Will the hardciore gamer switch over Wii U for Assassins Creed 3 if he can play it on his PS3 and has his friend salsoi on PS3. I doubt it.

Sure some will switch over and the hardcore loyalist will buy the Wii u in the first three weeks. But wjat depends is how the console sell the whole first year. And only if it managed to sell well in this first year you can bring the domination argument.

At samuship: Underline Super Mario Bros but forget the rest. Super Mario bros will sell consoles but there is no proof the other titles will do. Even the Monster Hunter game is only a port from a port. Not sure if this will drive many consoles in japan.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@squill
The wii launched at 249 with a 20$ game and one remote.
The wiiu is 329 with a game and likely past Nintendo pwners have wiimotes.
Id say the price is comparable for past owners, and for new owners 70$ more with a tablet. All they keed for casuals is a jew wiifit really.

bahaha

gotta love auto-correct

Enough of these wiiU will dominate talk.. seriously!.. I feel more comfortable when more people predict Nintendo to fail.. it never does any system any good when more people predict it to dominate.. look what happened with the ps360 more people said it will succeed than the wii... and also more people expected the vita too succeed too!.. point taken?..

Nintendo will fail with the wiiU and will not dominate.. .. watch when they announce the x720 and ps4 ! it will have amazing graphics! high-tech components! and all the cool people will buy!...

I may even buy three x720! just like how I bought three 360 coz they broke!.. and it made me 3x as cool!