By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 48 - League of Legends

So who's hosting next round?

I got lots of games to play atm (and more on the way) so i''ll skip the next round or two.
But i need something interesting to read at work :)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
mantlepiecek said:

Basically, all we did was use the executioner and bus driver to its best and we won.

You wouldnt be saying that if you were town.

More fair would be making a town half vanilla and half PGOs.

You were a mason/vigilante. I don't think I need to say how overpowered that is, and there is nothing as overpowered as that role.

Basically a confirmed vigilante. There was the doctor, he could have protected you and you could have done follow the cop as well. Two shot strongman at best gives us the ability to take out you and Rol;

A bus driver vs vigilante is a good competition. If I was the vigilante I would have probably done the same thing as you did, but there is also the fact that town deserves it simply because their own power was so overwhelming they tripped and fell all thanks to the busdriver.

Bus driver basically makes one of you a Godfather every single night, and one of the town a miller every single night, in addition to the vigilante thing. It punishes town for targeting scum correctly AND allows mafia to bypass town targeting powers correctly with protection. I'm not sure I completely agree with TOS who thinks it's broken and should never be used, but in combination with a strongman (ALSO bypassing protection) and a Goddamned Executioner, mafia was disgustingly OP.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

pezus said:
nen-suer said:
mantlepiecek said:

4 investigative roles, a doctor, a vigilante, a player who kept posting after night, another who did the same, both whom should have been modkilled, and you are telling me we played cheap? Or a busdriver shouldn't have existed.

4 mafia.

2xshot hitman, buss driver and an Executioner. Come one man. Thats just too overpowering.
And you shouldnt list a vig as a plus for the town...specially if the scum got a bus driver.

Why is the busdriver suddenly a problem now? He was used very effectively this game, that is all. I've never seen people make so much of a deal because of a bus driver. You made the wrong choice, deal with it

Town Bus Driver is fine, Mafia Bus Driver is broken. That has been my stance ever since the role was first used many games ago.

Signature goes here!

pezus said:
We redirected it to you. So you killed yourself. Anyway, a watcher was there to counter the bus driver wasn't he?

Acctually a buss driver is a watcher worst enemy.

You can target your mafia buddy and then bus him with a townie.

The townie dies and the watcher will see that you visited a player and he didnt die.

So he will assume your a pro town role.

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Really guys? After so many games with mafia bus drivers - my first game, and plenty of games after that, suddenly mafia bus driver is OP?

Not to mention that game where scum had a roleblocker, bus driver and a redirector, and they still lost, even when they had the likes of mario, linkz and wonk playing.

It is not foolproof. Our bus driver could have easily been exposed.

Final-Fan said:
Bus driver basically makes one of you a Godfather every single night, and one of the town a miller every single night, in addition to the vigilante thing. It punishes town for targeting scum correctly AND allows mafia to bypass town targeting powers correctly with protection. I'm not sure I completely agree with TOS who thinks it's broken and should never be used, but in combination with a strongman (ALSO bypassing protection) and a Goddamned Executioner, mafia was disgustingly OP.

I wholeheartily agree.

Anyways, I wanna see the Mafia thread!

Signature goes here!

mantlepiecek said:
You were a mason/vigilante. I don't think I need to say how overpowered that is, and there is nothing as overpowered as that role.

Basically a confirmed vigilante. There was the doctor, he could have protected you and you could have done follow the cop as well. Two shot strongman at best gives us the ability to take out you and Rol;

A bus driver vs vigilante is a good competition. If I was the vigilante I would have probably done the same thing as you did, but there is also the fact that town deserves it simply because their own power was so overwhelming they tripped and fell all thanks to the busdriver.

I wasnt a vig. I'm only that if i kill scum...withy my first kill....without the ability to scan anyone even once.

Trucks was only there to help me on killing scum with my first kill and he died night 1.

And like i said a vig have more chance to hit town than scum (basic math) and to reward his effort of choosing correctly by giving

mafia a bus driver is trolling him at this point.

mantlepiecek said:

Really guys? After so many games with mafia bus drivers - my first game, and plenty of games after that, suddenly mafia bus driver is OP?

Not to mention that game where scum had a roleblocker, bus driver and a redirector, and they still lost, even when they had the likes of mario, linkz and wonk playing.

If I recall correctly, they lost because nen killed 3 of them all by himself and mario made up a lie that came back to haunt him.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
mantlepiecek said:

If I recall correctly, they lost because nen killed 3 of them all by himself and mario made up a lie that came back to haunt him.

They could have bus driven themselves with someone else like I did. They had A redirector - they could have redirected nen's kills. They could have blocked him.

It's about whom you choose with your role. If nen had killed pezus we would have lost.