By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Heroes of Ruin Sales Dissapointing Says N-Space, Sequal Not Likely

Tagged games:

Did you Buy Heroes of Ruin?

Yes 10 10.75%

No 53 56.99%

Not Yet... I might think about picking it up 18 19.35%

see results 12 12.90%

Total:93
DieAppleDie said:
the game is going to make 100k+ lifetime
honestly, it would be foolish to expect more from this kind of game on this platform in those markets at 45euro pricepoint with zero advertisement
you got your money back N-Space/SE, just try harder next time

i own the game, and i like it, i have put 60h on it

LOL, how do you know they got there money back?? WHo are you to tell them what they should be happy about? The fact that they are not happy tells me they DIDNT get their money back and with that install base, they probably should have.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
The graphics, Nintendo, and advertising are to blame. The reviews were not stellar either so what did they expect? Just bring over Japanese games already. Stop trying to give us Westernized games to play.

There is literally no hype for the 3DS in the West. So what did they expect? Maybe a price reduction this Christmas will get it noticed.

This makes no sense, I dont know what charts you are looking at, but people are buying 3DSs. They are just not buying alot of games or just the same type of games. IE Mario really. you might see a third party game in the charts up there from the US. Hell im guilty myself. I bought 3 games for 3DS since i bought it back in March 2 of them are Mario games and the one lone 3rd party game is KH which isnt exactly a niche franchise

I'm not surprised by the sales; I had no idea it was even out yet.

spurgeonryan said:
Yes that is the one that you said you played the demo of and everyone beat the game for you and you said the visuals were horrible.

@ oniyide

What do you think they would need? No ads, no production value, handheld game. That should be how it works. Handheld games should not need as much sales to break even as a console game. Right?

If they get 100,000 in sales and that does not make them money then there is a problem.

There might very well be a problem. But that is irrelevant, if they are not happy then they are simply not happy. I find it insane and ignorant that people who probably have never been involved in actual video game development are trying to say that they are wrong and that they made there money back. How the heck would they know? Yes handheld games are probably cheaper, but when you see Mario, Pokemon, Nintendogs selling millions why would a dev not at least not expect to make at least a decent percent of that?

oniyide said:

Yes handheld games are probably cheaper, but when you see Mario, Pokemon, Nintendogs selling millions why would a dev not at least not expect to make at least a decent percent of that?

Presumably because their games' quality isn't at least a decent percent of the games you listed.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
oniyide said:

Yes handheld games are probably cheaper, but when you see Mario, Pokemon, Nintendogs selling millions why would a dev not at least not expect to make at least a decent percent of that?

Presumably because their games' quality isn't at least a decent percent of the games you listed.

Hence why i said at least just a percentage of what those do

ANd who decides what decent is? You, the majortiy? Its all opinion, personally i wouldnt touch Nintendogs with a 20 foot pole id much rather play Heroes instead, but i know im in the minority.

oniyide said:
noname2200 said:
oniyide said:

Hence why i said at least just a percentage of what those do

ANd who decides what decent is? You, the majortiy? Its all opinion, personally i wouldnt touch Nintendogs with a 20 foot pole id much rather play Heroes instead, but i know im in the minority.

Hence why I used your exact phrase!

As for who decides what decent is, the answer is the market, of course. I'm always happy to chip in my own two cents, though.

I downloaded the demo the other day, haven't played it yet, but it looks... very generic to me, from the vids I've seen. No personality, no specific appeal. That's just my impression before playing the game, though.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

the game is ok, nice customization, cool abilities and the online works great also

Nintendogs is better

The game was the very definition of mediocrity. It wasn't even a horribly flawed gem like say Nier, it was just a run of the mill dungeon crawler. If you want the consumer to invest in a new IP, the game has to stand out in the crowd. We shouldn't go around pointing fingers for every average game that sells horribly.