By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First game you ever played.

Hunt the Wumpus on TI-99-4A

Around the Network

Super Mario World

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I had an Atari 2600. Don't remember the exact games I had but I remember some game about a caterpillar. For the life of me I can't pinpoint a title though. The original Prince of Persia is probably the first game I remember playing vividly.

*reads some other posts*

NFL Blitz and Pokemon??  God I feel old. 

Duck Hunt, I cheated and fired up close.

I have no idea what the name of the game was. I was three or four at the time (I'm 23 now, and have a very long memory, I can remember having my diapers changed), and my dad who was a programmer back in the 80s had a home PC. the game I played was just some ASCII characters, and you could move around and press a button that attacked the other characters. My brother and sister told me what to do, but I always died in just a few seconds, I could never successfully kill anything.

The second game I played could have been a number of things. Jungle hunt on my Atari, the original Kings Quest (which I sucked at since I couldn't read or write at the time) on PC, maybe Food Fight on Atari. But those are the next earliest ones I remember, not sure what order though.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros. 1988

totalwar23 said:
Duck Hunt, I cheated and fired up close.

haha didn't we all?

asteroids.......... damn long ago

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Super Mario World and hooked ever since

As gaming has always been a part of my life, I wouldn't possibly be able to recall the very first game I ever played. The first game to make a significant impression on me however, was Final Fight on arcade. I used play that game every day after school with my buddies.

A little off the topic, I really miss arcade gaming. Even though arcades developed some negative social perceptions as they became dark, smokey gathering points for delinquents and truants, I miss the face to face multiplayer emphasis and the sense of community they engendered. Indeed, I have often thought that the Wii with its simple, user friendly philosophy, its emphasis on face to face multiplayer as opposed to online multiplayer, and its utilisation of diverse, unique interfaces emulates the arcade experience to a certain extent. In this respect the basic philosophy behind the Wii is not as new as many believe it to be.