By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV - New Character Creator screenies - UPDATED w/ video

Wagram said:
The PS3 Beta codes will be honored. Based on information we have thus far the PS3 beta will start a little bit later than the PC beta. In regards to the subscription cost it will be:

Legacy Members: $9.99 for 40 characters - 8 per world.
Basic: $12.99 for I believe it's 8 characters - 1 per world (Don't quote me here, but I know it's $12.99).
Premium: $14.99 for 40 characters - 8 per world.

PC version will retail for $29.99 (however all existing and previous PC owners will obtain a FREE upgrade to the new client. So you will not have to pay anything, and you will receive another 30 days free trial). PS3 will retail for $39.99.

Legacy is only for those who already bought the game when it first came out right? I can't shake the feeling that MMOs are high way robbery in a number of ways. I love playing them but I would be far mor committed if they weren't trying to squeeze every cent from me. The first 1-3 months better be free just like in FFXI once it hits PS3. And I don't want to see an expansion pack for at least a year :/.

These devs should know that its getting harder and harder to justify paying monthly fees when you can get similar experiences like MonHun, Skyrim, WKC, etc for free. They may be mission based but the main reason they are so popular is because they give the same massive scale feeling many get from MMOs, at least thats the way I see them. WKCII satiated my desire to play FFXI again for a while...I still play it every now and then.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

Legacy is only for those who already bought the game when it first came out right? I can't shake the feeling that MMOs are high way robbery in a number of ways. I love playing them but I would be far mor committed if they weren't trying to squeeze every cent from me. The first 1-3 months better be free just like in FFXI once it hits PS3. And I don't want to see an expansion pack for at least a year :/.

These devs should know that its getting harder and harder to justify paying monthly fees when you can get similar experiences like MonHun, Skyrim, WKC, etc for free. They may be mission based but the main reason they are so popular is because they give the same massive scale feeling many get from MMOs, at least thats the way I see them. WKCII satiated my desire to play FFXI again for a while...I still play it every now and then.

Legacy status is only for those people who stuck it out during the tough times of the current client. You had to be subscribed for at least 90 days or so.

Is the job system like FFXI, main job with a sub and if you wanna change jobs you go into something like a moghouse?

Jicale said:
Is the job system like FFXI, main job with a sub and if you wanna change jobs you go into something like a moghouse?

It's similar. You can change classes when-ever you want by equipping a different weapon, or tool.  You can equip abilities from other classes up to a set amount as long as they aren't class exclusive.

Ah ok thanks. So somewhat like the sub jobs abilities were limited by being half the main level.
Kinda sucks though bout the weapons being used as the jobs decider. FFXI was great how jobs could use so many different weapons- War with axe, great axe and so on. Ill have to wait for it to come on PS3 to give it a try. Im really hoping it offers a great experience like XI did.

Around the Network

and Final Fantasy XIV is officially over. If you're a member stay tuned for the upcoming event, and the Nov 11th trailer of death!

I'm waiting for the open alpha/beta. I promised myself to give this game a chance if they brought back the classic FF jobs. They did, so im gonna give them a chance.

The commitment is commendable aswell.