By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What to play now?

So, I was happily playing xenoblade and all the sudden I felt nauseous. Maybe it was the big eyed anime characters or maybe it was the uncomfortability of the wiimote's camera controls or maybe even the terrifying amount of crystals waiting to be forged. I don't know, but I just had to put Gears of war 3 in and have a testosterone overload. It helped a lot.

But now I have finished the game and I am lost. I need some game to play. I pile up my backlog and it was 208cm high. Oh man. I have a lot of (almost all) unfinished 360 and ps2 rpg:s(sooo many unopened boxes, omg), which might my favourite genre. I also love shooters, I could consider playing a really intense campaign. Or a really engaging sandbox game.

So, I am looking for suggestions. Any game is good to go, if I don't own it, I might go and buy it tomorrow.

Around the Network

Skyrim, Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma. NOW!

Red Dead Redemption I am sure you've played already, and same with the Assassin's Creeds. I am playing Brotherhood right now, trying to finally complete it, and I am enjoying it a lot.

My backlog on PS3 is around 35 games. And on PC around 10.

It makes me stressed because I just can't get it to decrease! It just increases all the time becase the rate of new games coming out is higher than the rate at which I complete games I already own.

I often sit and ask myself the question, WHAT TO PLAY NEXT. Often I've already started 4-5 games but happen to feel a little bored with all of them on a particular day and then I try to figure out which of all 35 games would truly be the most enjoyable.

Slimebeast said:

It makes me stressed because I just can't get it to decrease! It just increases all the time becase the rate of new games coming out is higher than the rate at which I complete games I already own.

I often sit and ask myself the question, WHAT TO PLAY NEXT. Often I've already started 4-5 games but happen to feel a little bored with all of them on a particular day and then I try to figure out which of all 35 games would truly be the most enjoyable.

Hey, you are doing just fine. Only 35 games, that is like pile of 40cm or so. 10 pc games, that is nothing. You still have a chance to play all of them.

Those were just physical copies of my backlog, when I take a look at my steam library, I want to cry. It says 191 games, of course there are some duplicates, mods and whatsoever. I have completed 10 of them. It is just too damn hard to pick a game, I spend a lot of time thinking of what to play and end up playing some old strategy game which I have completed way too many times.

Oh and thanks for your suggestions. They are most welcome. :) Only game I don't own is Dragons dogma, which looks like a ps3 game with quick google-fu. Rest of them I own and guess what, haven't completed any of them.

If you need something to play then try fallout 3, it's a open world, rpg, shooter. With a vast world, unique characters, a nice story and so much to do. Some other games I would recommend are fable 2, assassin's creed, and saints row 1 and 2, and bioshock. 

Around the Network
runqvist said:
Slimebeast said:

Hey, you are doing just fine. Only 35 games, that is like pile of 40cm or so. 10 pc games, that is nothing. You still have a chance to play all of them.

Those were just physical copies of my backlog, when I take a look at my steam library, I want to cry. It says 191 games, of course there are some duplicates, mods and whatsoever. I have completed 10 of them. It is just too damn hard to pick a game, I spend a lot of time thinking of what to play and end up playing some old strategy game which I have completed way too many times.

Oh and thanks for your suggestions. They are most welcome. :) Only game I don't own is Dragons dogma, which looks like a ps3 game with quick google-fu. Rest of them I own and guess what, haven't completed any of them.

lol. A huge LOL to you man!! Hahaha, you're in trouble big time.

I share that trait, to spend a lot of time into meaningless thinking of what to play and then you eventually decide to play something that is familar and comfortable instead of taking the oxe by its horns and start climbing the learning curve of a new game. It's so pathetic. A bad habit that is hard to break. I don't have a solution.

Thanks for giving me hope of still having the chance to play all my games! But have you considered that each season (Holidays/Spring) typically comes with another dozen or so interesting games that I just have to buy? It all adds up.

I'm really stressed about this.

Although I got some relief yesterday when I tried Borderlands for the first time and realized that it just wasn't for me. That's about 40 hours saved for something else (minus the 10 I already spent on it)!

techhunter80 said:

If you need something to play then try fallout 3, it's a open world, rpg, shooter. With a vast world, unique characters, a nice story and so much to do. Some other games I would recommend are fable 2, assassin's creed, and saints row 1 and 2, and bioshock. 

Thanks mate. Your post make me feel that maybe I am not that bad, since I have completed every single one of those games. Whoaa!

Slimebeast said:

lol. A huge LOL to you man!! Hahaha, you're in trouble big time.

I share that trait, to spend a lot of time into meaningless thinking of what to play and then you eventually decide to play something that is familar and comfortable instead of taking the oxe by its horns and start climbing the learning curve of a new game. It's so pathetic. A bad habit that is hard to break. I don't have a solution.

Do you read reviews and user opinions while thinking? If so, you sound just like me. I have a solution, but my brains refuse to accept it.

Stop buying new games. Make a pile of games you haven't finished, this obviously did not work for me though, and blindpick a game. Then you play it and hopefully it turns out to be an enjoyable experience. It usually does, when you actually start playing the game. But I just can't do that, I will keep on buying new games and the pile just gets bigger and bigger.

Slimebeast said:

Thanks for giving me hope of still having the chance to play all my games! But have you considered that each season (Holidays/Spring) typically comes with another dozen or so interesting games that I just have to buy? It all adds up.

I'm really stressed about this.

Although I got some relief yesterday when I tried Borderlands for the first time and realized that it just wasn't for me. That's about 40 hours saved for something else (minus the 10 I already spent on it)!

No problem. :)

Yes, I have considered that. Yes, I will end up buying at least 5 games before christmas. Yes, they add up. And yes, it stresses me too. :D