By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Election time, who did you vote for?

Which presidential candidate will you vote for?

Barack Obama 356 55.89%

Mitt Romney 137 21.51%

Gary Johnson 38 5.97%

Jill Stein 15 2.35%

Somebody else 87 13.66%

Total:633
Augen said:
klystron said:

Thank you for reminding people of something Obama would like us all to forget... his two years with a supermajority and getting only health care done. He can't blame the Republicans for an "obstructionist" congress when they had no power. In fact, there has not been a budget passed in Obama's presidency. This is a first. So yeah, you can blame the GOP for the last two years... but in the first two years they did nothing, either.

Just to clarify.  Minority still has fillibuster as mechanism to stop legislation, you need 60 seats in the senate all on the same page to force through bills.  Minority has not been powerless.

They had that until ted kennedy died... That is why it is called a super majority...

Around the Network

Well I was going to vote for Either Jill Stein or Gary Johnson... and as it's been pointed out to me. Jill Stein isn't on the ballot in my state.

So....

Wagram said:

Neither candidate will be as strong a president as say Bill Clinton in my eyes, but out of the two I will go with Obama because he's the lesser evil. No matter what Mitt says to me. I don't think he's ready, and to say that 47% of the population he's running to be president of are takers and are essentially worthless is concerning. He refuses to detail his plans, looks out for the rich, he acts like a bully to get what he wants, and he plans to make America play world police even more then we already do. How anyone can vote for that is beyond me, but hey everyone is different.

Obama has made some poor choices, and he's had to deal with a lot of the Bush administrations piss poor decisions. I think another four years would help him get to a better place, but i'm going to be realistic here and say that even if he is reelected it's not all peaches and rainbows ahead of us.

General election mitt is actually pretty moderate.  Although I agree it is hard to know which mitt you are getting.  His history seems to indicate he would be a pretty moderate president though.

Kasz216 said:
Well I was going to vote for Either Jill Stein or Gary Johnson... and as it's been pointed out to me. Jill Stein isn't on the ballot in my state.

So....

Lol, that sucks, what state are you in?  Is there a write in option?

I kind of like Jill stein, if she had a legitimate chance I might vote for her.  However, I tend to think of voting third party the same way as abstaining my vote.

gergroy said:
Wagram said:

Neither candidate will be as strong a president as say Bill Clinton in my eyes, but out of the two I will go with Obama because he's the lesser evil. No matter what Mitt says to me. I don't think he's ready, and to say that 47% of the population he's running to be president of are takers and are essentially worthless is concerning. He refuses to detail his plans, looks out for the rich, he acts like a bully to get what he wants, and he plans to make America play world police even more then we already do. How anyone can vote for that is beyond me, but hey everyone is different.

Obama has made some poor choices, and he's had to deal with a lot of the Bush administrations piss poor decisions. I think another four years would help him get to a better place, but i'm going to be realistic here and say that even if he is reelected it's not all peaches and rainbows ahead of us.

General election mitt is actually pretty moderate.  Although I agree it is hard to know which mitt you are getting.  His history seems to indicate he would be a pretty moderate president though.

I worry about that. Mitt pretty much had to be a moderate Republican governer in Massachusetts, because the state legislature was 87% Democrat. The Republicans in congress today are a different story, and if they tried to do something crazy I'm not sure he'd have the guts to stand up to them.

Around the Network
bluesinG said:
gergroy said:
Wagram said:

I worry about that. Mitt pretty much had to be a moderate Republican governer in Massachusetts, because the state legislature was 87% Democrat. The Republicans in congress today are a different story!

Yeah, but he comes from a pretty moderate family too.  I think the real Mitt is more moderate than people think.  However, he sure has made it hard for people to figure out what he actually stands for.  

Ultimately, I think Romney would be better at bipartisan efforts the Obama, he certainly has more experience with it.

sales2099 said:
Over here in Canada, people seem to still like Obama and see Mitt as a guy who doesnt understand the common man.

Its because romney probably doesnt understand the common man.  Much like most guys from his generation.  Romney seems much more like a grandpa to me.  I certainly dont expect my grandpa to relate to me, but that doesnt mean he isnt a good grandpa.

The office of president is a job, the ability of the president to understand me isnt all that important to me.  His policies are...

gergroy said:
bluesinG said:
gergroy said:

I worry about that. Mitt pretty much had to be a moderate Republican governer in Massachusetts, because the state legislature was 87% Democrat. The Republicans in congress today are a different story!

Yeah, but he comes from a pretty moderate family too.  I think the real Mitt is more moderate than people think.  However, he sure has made it hard for people to figure out what he actually stands for.

I'm just not sure that there *is* a real Mitt. Pretty much the only positions he's consistently held over the past four years are that (a) he wants to be president, (b) he doesn't like Obama, and ( c) he wants to keep the wealthiest Americans from paying more taxes.

bluesinG said:
gergroy said:
bluesinG said:
gergroy said:

Ultimately, I think Romney would be better at bipartisan efforts the Obama, he certainly has more experience with it.

I'm just not sure that there *is* a real Mitt. Pretty much the only positions he's consistently held over the past four years are that (a) he wants to be president, (b) he doesn't like Obama, and ( c) he wants to keep wealthy Americans from paying more taxes.

One position that he has been consistent on is increasing the minimum wage to match inflation.  Not exactly a popular position with republicans, but one that i like and one that would certainly help the poor.  

gergroy said:
bluesinG said:
gergroy said:
bluesinG said:
gergroy said:

I'm just not sure that there *is* a real Mitt. Pretty much the only positions he's consistently held over the past four years are that (a) he wants to be president, (b) he doesn't like Obama, and ( c) he wants to keep wealthy Americans from paying more taxes.

One position that he has been consistent on is increasing the minimum wage to match inflation.  Not exactly a popular position with republicans, but one that i like and one that would certainly help the poor.  

You're right that increasing the minimum wage isn't popular with Republicans, which is probably why Mitt changed his position:

"After Outcry from Right, Mitt Romney Reverses Stance on Minimum Wage"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/outcry-mitt-romney-reverses-stance-minimum-wage-181557691.html