Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All Stars is not a Smash Bros. clone

Tagged games:

How much did you read?

The whole linked article 20 25.97%

The excerpt 6 7.79%

The bold parts 4 5.19%

Just the poll 46 59.74%

Total:76

I loved Super Smash Bros when I was younger. I'm sure I'll enjoy this game, and, honestly, I couldn't care less if it were a clone. I'll be buying it because I'm ready for a fun multiplayer game that I don't necessarily have to go online for.

I will say, though, that I think Sony needs to offer more characters and levels through DLC or something. I'm not thoroughly impressed with the lineup or levels thus far.

And people who have played it, did you have some fun? If you had fun playing it, who cares where it was cloned or ripped off from? If Nintendo were doing it with one of Sony's games, I'd say whatever because obviously they saw it's marketability. 

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
wow you guys seem keen on starting a flame war with the nintendo fanbase

who haven't been unable to retrain themselves even in threads on this game which don't mention smash at all

i'll be tagging to see the sparks fly eventually

Posts like this don't help matters. Please don't make them.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I tried out the demo for this game yesterday, and it plays differently than smash bros, even if it is a rip off. However, while it can be fun at first to try out the characters, and their supers, there are many problems with the game. The characters are unbalanced, and the stages are uninteresting. I recommend that anyone considering buying this game try out the demo for a while to see if they enjoy it.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Yeah, it's a rip off. They took the concept from Nintendo wholesale, they took 90% of the control scheme, 90% of the physics engine, 90% of the presentation, 90% of the aesthetics and so on. I was playing it at a store demo for about half an hour yesterday and literally every person that stopped to look at it said "oh that looks like Smash Brothers". The only major change that's been made is in the KO system. You don't change one thing and have a brand new game.

If you're ok with the game being a rip off, than that's fine. I sincerely hope you enjoy the game. But please, let's not ignore the obvious. Smash Bros. made tons of creative changes to the fighting genre, and because of that it spawned a successful franchise and tons of imitators. PASBR adds just about nothing to the genre and as a result will be a footnote in gaming history.

Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:

who haven't been unable to retrain themselves even in threads on this game which don't mention smash at all

i'm guessing that by comparison posts like these do?

"After the beta,the meta will kill this game."

Around the Network

I am still waiting for someone to do that "Mascot Force" platformer game, that mashes together a bunch of characters from a number of games. Last Smash Bros. had something like it, but the mechanics were less inclined for platforming.

o_O.Q said:
Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:

i'm guessing that by comparison posts like these do?

"After the beta,the meta will kill this game."

If you have a problem with a post, report it. As i've said before, we're always watching.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

JWeinCom said:
Yeah, it's a rip off. They took the concept from Nintendo wholesale, they took 90% of the control scheme, 90% of the physics engine, 90% of the presentation, 90% of the aesthetics and so on. I was playing it at a store demo for about half an hour yesterday and literally every person that stopped to look at it said "oh that looks like Smash Brothers". The only major change that's been made is in the KO system. You don't change one thing and have a brand new game.

If you're ok with the game being a rip off, than that's fine. I sincerely hope you enjoy the game. But please, let's not ignore the obvious. Smash Bros. made tons of creative changes to the fighting genre, and because of that it spawned a successful franchise and tons of imitators. PASBR adds just about nothing to the genre and as a result will be a footnote in gaming history.

this was your post in another thread

"It feels unpolished, loose, and the mechanics don't feel like they'd lend themselves to a competitive fighter."

edit: the link to the post : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4818089

now this is an extract from your current post

"90% of the control scheme, 90% of the physics engine"

to me it seems like you're heavily contradicting yourself there...

in one post you say the game has poor controls and mechanics while in the other you basically say its controls and mechanics are the same as smash bros...

now the conclusion that can be drawn is that you're also saying the smash has poor controls and mechanics but no i'm pretty certain that that isn't the case either....

The problem, from my point of view, is that it indeed isn't a clone... and it should have been.

The beta is better than Super Smash Brawl. I played both the beta and own Brawl.