By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the big three consoles manufactures put the most big name devs out of business this gen?

lilbroex said:

Free Radical jumped ship from Nintendo to Sony going against what you just said. 

Run this one past me again.  Free Radical started life developing for Sony consoles, unless you're going to say something like "but they're just Rare by another name!" or something, in which case I really have nothing to say to you.

Free Radical were killed by being screwed over by Ubisoft, Activision & LucasArts.  There's a very good Eurogamer interview with David Doak about it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

And aside from that, Gamecube owners just didn't really buy Free Radical's games.  No-one did.  

As for Tales Studio, at what point did you envisage them 'jumping ship' to Sony?  Are we talking about this generation, or are we talking about PS1 when they started developing Tales games for Playstation consoles?

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Jay520 said:
lilbroex said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Nintendo, just to annoy lilbroex.

Doesn't bother me at all. Please continue.(after all, we all know who actually did :p  )

You can't really believe the bolded. If the answer was as obvious as you suggest, then discussion would be impossible, making this thread pointless.

You can't really believe the bolded. Do you honestly think this thread was created to foster engaging even-sided discussion? 

I believe the OP craves reasonable & honest discussion, and created this thread to encourage the exchange of everyone's opinion, with equal consideration for those opinions that differ from his own.

Jay520 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Jay520 said:
lilbroex said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Doesn't bother me at all. Please continue.(after all, we all know who actually did :p  )

You can't really believe the bolded. If the answer was as obvious as you suggest, then discussion would be impossible, making this thread pointless.

You can't really believe the bolded. Do you honestly think this thread was created to foster engaging even-sided discussion? 

I believe the OP craves reasonable & honest discussion, and created this thread to encourage the exchange of everyone's opinion, even if those opinions differ from his own.

You have more faith than I. 

lilbroex said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Nothing to continue, it was a joke.

Real answer: Sony, thanks to their financials.

Jay520 said:

I believe the OP craves reasonable & honest discussion, and created this thread to encourage the exchange of everyone's opinion, with equal consideration for those opinions that differ from his own.

Your belieft is correct. Its always nice to see "reasonable"opinions. I put emphasis on "reasonable". Having a different opinion is fine but when you run into cases like Ethomez in the PS3/Bethesda thread it becomes a problem.

If you cannot support and stand behind your belief then it doesn't need to be stated. To, often to we see people who come in with b***h**t responses and nothing to back up their claim.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Jay520 said:
I believe the OP craves reasonable & honest discussion, and created this thread to encourage the exchange of everyone's opinion, even if those opinions differ from his own.

Pretty sure he's joking salamander

Andrespetmonkey said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Jay520 said:

Pretty sure he's joking salamander

How could you be so mean, monkey? 

lilbroex said:
Jay520 said:

Your belieft is correct. Its always nice to see "reasonable"opinions. I put emphasis on "reasonable". Having a different opinion is fine but when you run into cases like Ethomez in the PS3/Bethesda thread it becomes a problem.

If you cannot support and stand behind your belief then it doesn't need to be stated. To, often to we see people who come in with b***h**t responses and nothing to back up their claim.

You're Goddamn right

Andrespetmonkey said:
lilbroex said:
Jay520 said:

You're Goddamn right

I pointed you to where that was. Also, you were the one who came in making the contrary responses, not me. I was already in that thread from the first post.

lilbroex said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
lilbroex said:
Jay520 said:

You're Goddamn right

I pointed you to where it was.

You suggested a thread I'd never even posted in dude.

And then you told me I was moderated on it, and I wasn't. There was nothing even remotely related in my mod history.

You said you specifically remember details... if you repeat them in one post I will find the thread for you.