By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Sells 70 million - Wii: 96.5 - PS3: 63.9

These are the sales numbers to retailers (basically the shipped numbers). It looks like VGCharts Xbox 360 numbers are just about right. with 1.25 million still on retail shelves. PS3 numbers are obviously overtracked with a shipped of 63.9 million, there's no way there are 3 million PS3 on retail shelves still. Someone had said that Sony hadn't announced their sales for 1st quarter 2013. If that's the case and their sales are close to 2 million (I doubt it's that high), the PS3 numbers on here might be close for the PS3. The Wii numbers look overtracked by $1 million or more. 96.5 have shipped and VGChartz has sold numbers at 96.7.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/70-million-xbox-360s-sold-6398561

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

Same article; different site. They're making such a big deal out of this all of a sudden.

@miz1q2w3e Are you surprised with Christmas just around the corner?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

The article you posted doesn't even mention anything about ps3 or wii's numbers. Where are you getting them from?

Did you miss the April-Jun Quarter where 2 + million ps3's shipped?

And how can the wii be overtracked by a dollar amount?

Is this what this site has come to?

holy crap!! people those PS3 numbers are back to march!!! 63.9 million unites shipped as of MARCH 2012!!!! Wii numbers for the quarter arent even out yet as well!!! what the hell people?!!

Around the Network

If this is true, then the PS3 has sold close to 0million units for the past 4-6 months. The gap just jumped back to 6 million as a result. It looks like Sony really is doomed.

Why did you create this thread?

The 63.9 for the ps3 is from March.

HesAPooka said:
@miz1q2w3e Are you surprised with Christmas just around the corner?

Oh yeah, I forgot it was almost Christmas time. People don't celebrate it here ~derp

Train wreck said:

The article you posted doesn't even mention anything about ps3 or wii's numbers. Where are you getting them from?

Did you miss the April-Jun Quarter where 2 + million ps3's shipped?

And how can the wii be overtracked by a dollar amount?

Is this what this site has come to?

woah drama much?

He probably got them from the other thread, though it's true they are outdated.